I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I did find SCs law page giving the details on us buying from there, in person.....not shipped. Basically its the same as buying from our border states like you mentioned, must be legal in state of residency.........so no AK for me:(:D

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just saw this...I'm on their mailing list. I know the price of steel has risen, but this is ridiculous!
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/904979549
    At first, I thought the auction bid was the price, and it's up there. I mean, not even a scope or cleaning kit and one can only assume a magazine comes with...

Then I saw the buy it now price. :eek:
    WTH are they smokin' in Seattle?

EuroOptic...same kit, $1K less than that GB offering's current bid, but out of stock. The black one is available with the new style muzzle brake for $2K less than the FDE and $5K less than GB's FDE.

Why post this? Legal in MD. :)

britx303 likes this.
  3. britx303

EAD:crackup:

4. fastfreddie

Hey, I was just tryin' to be helpful. :D
    If you're willing to travel, EuroOptic has good stuff. Look at their manufacturer's list. You won't find any Chinese bullshit sold over their counters. It's like going to a gunshow from decades ago. ;)
    https://www.eurooptic.com

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

About 4-5 years ago they had a blow out on Tikka rifles. I picked up a beautiful wood stock .270 for under $400 shipped. Same rifle is going for double that now.

My bad...$849:D https://www.eurooptic.com/JRTXA318-Tikka-Tikka-T3x-Hunter-270-Win-224--barrel-MPN-JRTX.aspx

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Legal in MD if it’s a 416 not a 50
    Goofy shit

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I remember that. I should have gotten something then but didn't know how versatile those tikka actions would become. Now with all the prefit barrel options and such those are were an absolute steal

rd400racer likes this.
  8. fastfreddie

More goofiness...
    I bought a competition shotgun in the Beretta store on Fifth Ave, Manhattan, NYC. Walked out with it, straight into the bank next door. :D
    Then caught a cab to CVS, bought some shit, caught another cab to the apartment.
    My residence is PA, tho'. Otherwise, one week wait? And I'd have to register it?
    (Yes, I actually live in PA).

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a couple extra T3x(or x)actions on hand for a couple of match gun builds I need to for for next year.

If I knew then what I know now....

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What’s more frustrating than our dumb laws is some companies won’t sell to us because of where we live. I had to buy an AR 10 from palmetto state because they wouldn’t sell it to him online. Cheaper than dirt won’t send any firearms to Md.
    Have this with you. It may help when buying out of state.
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

Appreciated! That link is already a thumbnail on my phone though:D With all my fickle firearms decisions over the past year, I needed it, as I’m sure you’re aware:D

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Who the hell looks at GB? I've never seen anything but ludicrously overpriced shit on there. It blows my mind what people ask on there and even more so what people pay.

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. THEY are the ones at fault. They are the ones causes people to ask those ridiculous prices.

I could throw my FNX-45 on there and ask $2000 for it (buy-it-now). If nobody buys it, then no harm done.

But if someone buys it, the next dude will be like “FFS, I’m gonna put mine on there and see if I can get $2k”.

If shit went unsold, the prices would come down, just like what is happening to ammo right now.

But as long as idiots are willing to spend $1000 on a $500 gun, people will keep asking $1000 for $500 guns.

14. britx303

I go on GB, but just to see what stuff is selling for and because it’s fun to look at all kinds of guns at work, which is frowned upon :rock:

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Oh I absolutely agree. I considered jumping on the wagon myself. Had a couple guns I was selling a few months ago and considered throwing them on GB and asking something goofy. :D But having never sold a gun online before and not feeling like dealing with getting a shop to ship it, etc. I decided it wasn't worth it. Threw them on my local forum for what I considered reasonable given the market and they were gone in a few hours. I'll be an absolute jew when it comes to what I'll spend and will go way out of my way to save a buck. But I'll also take much less than I could probably get for stuff I'm selling just for the convenience factor. I hate selling shit.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

My last two purchases were on GB. I was looking for two specific items. I found both and they were both reasonably priced. However it was during the pandemic when most firearms were extremely difficult to locate in most retailers.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I just picked up a Bond Arms 2 shot derringer in 9mm. I have been looking for one for a while at a reasonable price in either 38 or 9. I specifically wanted something that would just fit in my pocket as I was around the property or in the garage working on bikes. I don't really have any need for something as I live in a very safe environment and so 2 shots is all I would ever need in this scenario. I have plenty of other handguns to fit my other niche needs, but wanted to fill this gap. I got it on a local auction site for less than msrp. It is a little heavy but fits my pocket and my hand well.

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Exactly! Like all those mofos buying up 9mm ammo when it was 70 cents a piece, or .45acp and 5.56 ammo at 80 cents! Who the fuck does that?? :rolleyes:

19. fastfreddie

Long answer?

Sometimes it pays to be window shopping, same as browsing the classifieds in the local paper. Neither sell guns exclusively, there's other stuff, too.
    Short of searching blindly for individual manufacturers of specific products, or outlets that cater to their idea of who makes what, there's a cornucopia of products at GB from a large spectrum of what might be out there...and I don't have to go anywhere to see it!

EuroOptics is right up the road from me. I "shop" from their website. IF they have something I'm interested in, then I go look in person.
    There's another big gun shop https://www.gricegunshop.com, not nearly as close, but they have lots of inventory...and there's a surplus shop right around the corner, in case I'm needing new boots or whatever. I don't go to Grice, either, unless I'm actually looking to buy. Kinda like EuroOptics, no shit products.

Have I ever purchased from GB? Yes.
    Why? H&K P7...unavailable anywhere else at the time and likely unavailable anywhere today, NIB.

Short answer?

A casual participant in the market needs a place to start to see what might still be or is currently available.

20. fastfreddie

rd400racer likes this.