1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez to Race Portimao.

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Apr 10, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Going to an easier bike to ride makes sense, but I think MM is a Honda man for life.

BigBird likes this.
  2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Maybe. Marc is mostly loyal to the idea of beating dudes into a pulp, if Honda is willing to adapt the bike to a changed Marquez style then he has no impetus to go. If they start to pull the old “shut up and ride” Honda attitude on Marc, he’ll leave.

I don’t believe they’re going to be as willing to create an entirely Marc focused bike anymore. They already see the consequences of such. However, making a bike that multiple people can be fast on might comport with Marc’s changing needs. Hard to say, but I think the chances of a split are much higher than before the accident.

They did buy themselves some goodwill by continuing to pay him through his injury though, so they’re at least that smart.

I think Marc is likely to split at the end of his 4-year contract. Which is only 2 full seasons from now. Call it 60%

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With that crazy deal he signed with them, hells yeah he is.

motion likes this.
  4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Jees , MM is not even back and you guys have his future figured out 3-4 years down the road . I’ve been around for a long time and have seen careers change and change fast , Especially in this sport . Planning more than a few races out is a fool’s errand. History proves it .

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, he did sign a new contract for 4 years with Honda ending at the end of 2024. Soooooooooooo. :D

motoracer1100 likes this.
  6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Well I guess that settles that then. :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I hope not, what makes him exciting to watch is his aggressive style. It's also what has made him on a winner on the honda.

Senna likes this.
  10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

[​IMG]

Senna likes this.
  11. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

what are the odds on him reinjuring himself? May Bradl should keep his seat and make Pol the test rider

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

My pet theory is that Honda will cut all ties with Alex Marquez at some point in the next few seasons, and this will piss off the Marquez family.

At that point, Marc will go ride for either KTM, or maybe even "true" factory Aprilia, decimate absolutely everyone, and then retire.

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I would hope you can be mature and stay aggressive. But I guess Rossi is proving that to be not true :(

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well there is mature and then the Geritol crowd. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

DIE!!!!!!!!

Slowly and painfully

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I bet Miller can't wait to punt him in the first race:crackup:

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  17. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I would say if something like this is done, it would be some foam backed reinforcement in the leathers themselves, like armor. A splint on the arm would have to allow for muscle movement, and could be too tight.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

ORRRR... he realizes when he's 34 and the other one is like 30 that they're both grown men and its not his job to ruin his own legacy to pick up after his baby brother.

OR... that Alex realizes he got a better shot at the big show and more time in than maybe he earned because of his brother and he's just grateful for the stories to tell his children as he runs a rider's school or runs in WSBK.

or one of those, as an equal probability.

19. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

So it will be Marc Marquez on the VR46 Academy Suzuki?

LOL

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Marc will be somewhere around 17th.