1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is VR46 toasting his rear tire for the past several seasons?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 6, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Is it because he has an on/off throttle style due to too many laps in the dirt at the Ranch? Something is up.... other Yammis have the issue to some extent, but not nearly at his level.

Let's solve this issue for Rossi and get him back to the front!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Stop spinning the tire. Problem solved. You're welcome. :D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know, maybe the tennis balls on the front legs of his walker are digging in and he's sliding the rear wheels a bit too much?

23103a, deathblow, stk0308 and 7 others like this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Probably has more to do with it being difficult to bang supermodels if you are in a body cast

5. notbostrom

Or maybe he just needs to puuuuush and puuuuush and arrive at ze front

track wagon, BigBird and gixxerboy55 like this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Probably just needs to adjust a few clickers

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

His GF has the rear tire he needs :P

8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Maybe he needs a high spin target to get the bike to finish corners, but its too high for the current tire construction.

Maybe his preferred setup causes the bike to pitch a lot, loading the rear too much on exit.

Maybe Yamaha should have run their swingarm winglet to cool the rear tire more.

10. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

He is getting long in tooth...if he were a lion he would take the long walk ...i don't like seeing greatness of any kind struggle near the end. And he is struggling.

11. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I would think SOME of the issue is due to hanging off the bike less than most other current riders. Assuming the same corner speed, hanging off the bike less means the bike is leaned over more, which must put more force into the edge of the tire.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Really? A logical (and plausible) explanation? You know that won't fly here!

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The younger riders are better and more fearless (overall) than the competition he had several years ago. He's having to work harder.

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Mid 40s is tough. Things take longer to recover and high heartrate stamina declines. I didn't feel it when I was 40-41 very much but somewhere around 43 I did.

t500racer likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Clearly the answer is to hire Lorenzo to show him the way.

crazymofo, deathblow, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  16. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Clearly, it's because he's riding without traction control unlike everyone else, because that's what you need to do to be the real GOAT. That's an extra 10 places for doing that. It just gets added at the end of the season. Fifth place here we come.

17. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

Does anyone know for certain his issues are with rear tire wear? Or are we just believing the narrative that is being offered?

Rear tire fade would show up in the lap time progression. He'd run, say, low 1:55 laps for the first ten laps and then you'd see a steady drop. So does anyone have access to the full lap times?

As one of the biggest Rossi fans out there I'm willing to admit at this point that he's just not fast anymore. I'm NOT ready to believe some half-baked story about how only he suffers from some weird tire degradation, unless it's attributable to his higher weight compared to the other riders....

MELK-MAN and Quicktoy like this.
  18. notbostrom

Honestly I wish he had switched to Moto 2 or wsbk for his swan song. Would have been fun to watch

Quicktoy and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't Yamaha hire him to do that last year and he couldn't find his ass with two hands and a map? :D

20. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Maybe these are making him a premature... Or too hard from the start and not lasting the whole race...... :crackup:
    1643.jpg

Phl218 likes this.