1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is VR46 toasting his rear tire for the past several seasons?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 6, 2021.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

What is going on here ... Papa is
    “ Almost “ saying something that is not negative about Rossi :D. And it appears he removed his patented “ Uccio Hunter” from his byline . Are we witnessing a transformation in the making or did someone Hack his account :D

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

That's pretty much what happened in round 1. Didn't salvage a top 10 though.

BigBird likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Wrestling a motogp bike for 20+ laps ain’t easy. Rossi is 42 and has never been all about strength and conditioning, so maybe it’s not the tire.

If it is a traction issue, it could still be caused by fatigue. He’s largely defied his age, but Father Time is undefeated.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That happened a long time ago. At some point, you start feeling sorry because I have nothing left to fight for. I mean, look at the past couple of seasons. It would be inhumane. So I let Robby-Bobby cover that account. He has no morals.

I know, but maybe at some other tracks…

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

He definitely got a tow from Pecco during Q2 for Qatar R1, leading to his P4 starting spot. He went backwards anyway and didn't finish in the top 10. Oh wells.

His fast lap pace was so bad for Qatar R2. Its kinda shocking to me that MORE testing time at the same track would cause the rider to go slower. Rossi's FP2 (the session that mattered for getting into Q2) was 1:53.8 vs 1:54.1. Then QP was 1:53.1 vs 1:54.8. That's a huge difference in QP, tow or not. I wonder if the they were trying lots of things in the setup and completely lost their way.

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup:I see your point ... I just now notice byline revision. And spot on about RB :D

7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

This is trending towards "its the end of the world" for Rossi - after round 2 at an outlier track. Everyone knows that GP really starts in Europe. Things will change a lot when GP gets to other tracks. I don't think he's gonna win, but he won't consistently be at the back.

Also, Rossi is tied in points with his teammate. And before these 2 rounds, Petronas only scored 5pts at Qatar. Now they have 13pts total.

BigBird and The Great One like this.
  8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Rossi said all of this almost verbatim during his press debriefs.

He's certainly not a championship protagonist anymore but just last year he was putting in some strong performances and not far off the podium. Seems a little silly that some are ready to start calling for his retirement based on a couple of Qatar rounds.

SGVRider and stangmx13 like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Agreed... he still has the speed and trains like a mofo. Something's happened with wings, aero, software, tires, etc. that's causing his slide.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's the yellow smoke bombs. No fans, No yellow smoke, No Rossi. He NEEDS it.

BigBird, SGVRider and badmoon692008 like this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Some hit the age wall harder than others. Lol, Motion, denial is not just a river in Egypt.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

This. Everyone forgets that Qatar is a anomaly the track hates/eats tires and it's always dirty.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well, to be honest, I started the thread because the spinning rear tire is a theme throughout the year. Doesn't appear that he's solved the issue as of yet.

14. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Cos he was never that good and blaming tyre wear is an easy get out of jail free card?

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

words of wisdom
    Yowser!!!:eek:

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Things Jim Harbaugh would say about Nick Saban for 1000 Alex.

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Maverick seems to think it’s okay.

I’m a huge Rossi fan but call it what it is. He’s on the back nine. I’m glad he’s still out there largely defying age and it’s fun when he gels with the bike and track and puts in a podium ride. Enjoy that and stop thinking there’s a resurgence brewing. It’s over. What a career. Enjoy the victory lap. :beer:

SGVRider likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This week…

Dude, he's been hitting the bunker on the 18th for three years.

20. Rossi’s Rear Tire

Rossi’s Rear Tire New Member

So my good friend Rossi’s Front Tire let me know that I was the object of discussion here so I decided to come here and set the record straight. It’s not my fault, I am an inanimate object, who is just along for the ride. My performance is dependent on a number of factors, setup, track surface, temperature, electronics, and last but not least the pilot’s right hand. None of this is under my control. So I would ask that you refrain from any maligning of me and my compounds or you will be hearing from my legal representatives. Thank you for allowing me to put forth my side of the story.