1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where you gonna travel to when the Wuhan flu allows you?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Rugbydad

Rugbydad Tiny Member

Rugby is how my wife and I met. I still play a few times a year, but the track is my new, less dangerous hobby. Lol
    40+ hours in a plane I'm not flying sounds like torture to me....aaagggggghhhhh

BigBird likes this.
  2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, what are you going to do when you get there? What's the draw?

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Not going to do anything special except escape the cold, sit on a beach and eat. For cheap.

I've never been to Cuba. Know lots of people who love it there. Wife went on a girls trip a few years ago and wanted to go back with the kids someday. This year might be it.

BigBird and jrsamples like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It’s stunning there. I grew up a few miles south on Grand Cayman. My grandmother had so many pictures from sailing every year to Cuba growing up. It is a beautiful island. Just be careful.

BigBird and jrsamples like this.
  5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Why would you take the long time way down there, across pacific is much faster

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Cuba was awesome when I was there. Granted that was over 20 years ago. People were super friendly (other than the French Canadians) and service was great. I would not hesitate to go again.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're a problem no matter where you go :D

YamahaRick and BigBird like this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Last time I checked LA to Auckland was across the Pacific.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not sure I would want to spend 40 hours flying myself on a round-trip either. If I'm forced to choose, I'd rather be a passenger in a comfortable cabin. :D

Longest I've been on a plane was 15 hours in a coach seat. I can't even fathom an extra five.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Ducti89 likes this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yes but you state that you're leaving from London....

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Va chier mon tabarnak de fourreux de cousin ! :D

Pis toi aussi, mon ciboire de calvaire de mangeux de marde :D

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Wuhan anyone? :)

Other than HI & AK, I want to travel to Asia.

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Read what I replied to.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just booked a trip to St. Maarten that the family doesn't know about.

Went a couple years ago, but the family wants to go back. After AZ, I'll tell them that we are heading there again. they'll be excited.

Ducti89 and Rugbydad like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I did 5 hours and then another 8 to 10 (might have been more but can't remember) in coach quite a few times. Luckily on the last one the long leg was on one of those flights were they were more interested in getting the plane over to China then filling it. I had my row, the two in front and the one behind to myself. Sucked but the flight home was packed every leg.

I start getting kooky at the 12 hour mark and that's my max without at least getting off with a layover.

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Anyone want to jet ski to Bahamas?

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Houston - Hong Kong once. AA . 16h in coach. back home a week later. Never again.

Ducti89 likes this.
  18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Hell yea!

jrsamples likes this.
  19. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

My son, DIL, and grandkids will be going to Okinawa in June for an extended stay (2~5 years). I hope to be able to go see them over there maybe a couple of times during that "stay". Hopefully the first time by next spring. We shall see...

I've done the trans-pacific flights a few times, the longest being Sydney to LAX. It's almost bearable in Business Class. :D

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

You do know that it’s been done before here on the beeb?
    The Shiek was supposed to run chase in his hi-performance boat. Someone more worthy with better search skills can provide the link to that thread.