1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets' see some your bikes!

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I've raced in conditions close to that. Hippo hands with the heated bars, heated socks, and I was relatively comfortable. Some spots on my face where the balaclava didn't cover that had some burn, but not as bad as you'd think. That's the thing though, I can mitigate the cold with technology and layers. How do you mitigate a 100 degree day with 90% humidity? I get it if you don't do well with cold. I don't do well with hot. Back in the 80's when I was doing endurance racing, I'd wear an ice vest for my stints, which gave me a huge advantage over the rest of the people suffering out there. It kept my brain cool most of all, which allowed me to make better decisions, and I could see the effects it was having on the other teams because of that. Only problem was it was a terrycloth vest (not sure why), and it melted down my leathers as I rode. Got kind of squishy as you went...

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ha ha. I used to partake in this foolishness. Now the bikes do not come out much below 70 degrees. :crackup:

SuddenBraking and 83BSA like this.
  4. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Drink water, sit in the shade, wet towels on the face, fans, and when you’re not racing it’s the beach/pools/house/ you name it. It’s pretty easy when you’re used to it.

83BSA likes this.
  5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Good point. Everyone has their comfort zone I guess. That said, I did all those things when racing, including wearing the ice vest, and still got heat stroke a couple of times.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ran into a Beeb bike today... can you guess whos old bike?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Looks like a Krafty.

jkraft likes this.
  9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Right there on the tank.

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Definitely looks like Eddie Kraft’s bike.

jkraft likes this.
  11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Anxious to see how this stacks up against the '13 I had.

RSV4 LE.jpg RSV4 LE 1.jpg

12. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I had a 15 RSV4 and have #53 now. The 18 would eat the 13 for breakfast.

13. gapman789

Idk about that. It was a broome/livingood creation

14. MV Rider

My 15 was a Godin creation at KWS Motorsports and made 172 RWHP and I know the 18 will walk away from it. My 18 has the full Akrapovic titanium with Aprilia unlock codes. I have not dynoed it but my best guess is it makes 185+.

15. gapman789

Lots of dyno runs/shootouts on youtube. The hp numbers arent far off from the 201hp claim by aprilia.

16. MV Rider

201 is at the crank with stock exhaust. Mine has full Akrapovic with codes which is supposed to add about 9 or 10. It really doesn't matter because my name is not Toni Elias so I can't use it all anyway.

dobr24 likes this.
  17. gapman789

i forgot the emoticon

:D

18. mte78

mte78 Well-Known Member

Gen 4 ZX-10R

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Razr