2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Ya well Alex comes from money, that is a big reason he does ride in the States.
    His dad paid for private coaching for him with Pridmore for almost 2-3 years.
    I sure wouldn't be able to send myself there even less if I had a kid and do what the Dumas did.

I think the only way Dumas would be able to ride there, is if he stayed all summer for the logistic aspect of Covid... but the kid as school, father has a business to run (and a big one at that) his mechanic also has a shop to run up here.

A perfect storm of shitness for the youngster :(

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

After three seasons of listening to him, I disagree. He is consistently ignorant of details that after three years he should know - about riders, teams, and motorcycle roadracing in general. He generally tries to cover this up (or at least seems to) by making the same bad and poorly worded jokes and comments. If it was his first year I would give the assertion that he tries hard some credence, however after three seasons - I don’t.

I agree that RH had a hill to climb but in less than half the time has improved his skillset as an announcer. In addition, let’s remember that Roger is a racer turned announcer, where Floyd was/is supposed to BE an professional announcer when he took on the MA job.

Jamie Howe came in to MA from other areas of motor sports broadcasting and almost immediately showed her due diligence in learning the teams and the sport and it showed in her performances.

I don’t know the guy, and I have nothing against him personally. I know that I pay to watch racing and specifically the Twins Cup more than the others and he lessens the experience (a lot).

As we get reminded regularly, it’s professional racing and a show. I don’t mean to sound snarky, but I don’t care how hard he tries. He gets paid for what he does and he does it poorly.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Yeah I get that, and good points. Didn’t realize last year was his third season. I guess I don’t get too wrapped up in his play by play, and listen to it as background noise.

I also don’t get the barbs tossed at GW. Outside of the constant sponsor mentions (all that covered here at length), I really dig his enthusiasm about the sport and the racing.

Jamie has done a nice job, and Hannah too.

I’ll renew my subscription regardless of who’s in the box. I watch more MotoA than the rest of the series combined, so maybe I’m a homer and just want to see guys and girls race that I’ve met and ridden with on the track.

But I get your points. All valid.

4. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Thumbs up for Jamie Howe! I'm sure she didn't know much about bike racing but she learned very quickly. Very good motorsports knowledge & married to an IMSA champ.

cBJr, Senna, Gixxerguy855 and 2 others like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don’t actually mind it, Westby, Gerloff, Herrin, Eslick, Beach and many others spent multiple years on 600s even after doing well and I really enjoyed it.

In WSS Sofaglu did it too, I’m sure others did as well.

Stepping up to SBK isn’t easy budget-wise and IMO SS1000 is a step down from the 600 class, not a step up.

As I recall Dumas went there because there was less competition in that class and he is a good racer that I wish was still running with us.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

IMO this just like car racing is primarily a sport where you need access to money. I don’t know any kids that make it without parents that have coin to throw around. I’m sure there are some, but if the parents didn’t have some cash they quickly found friends that did.

Heck the main reason we stepped out is I couldn’t keep funding it, even though we had help and he finished his first AMA season 5th place in points in the 600 west class. After getting injured I told him I’ll take out loans for college, but I won’t to race. He wanted to continue with his buddies but understood.

henry_carlson and Senna like this.
  7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Probably. Was just the first thing that popped in my head since I had just read from @KneeDragger_c69 that Dumas may likely be out this season and obviously PJ doesn't have a ride (or at least not one that's been announced yet). Couple that with your post from a few days ago expecting an exciting announcement from M4.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Pretty sure PJ was out there coaching Sam Lochoff, both on the M4 600

9. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

I just saw on IG that Pure Attitude has signed an Australian for the Twins. Liam McDonald

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Great One and koth442 like this.
  11. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Yates just confirmed he's on a Fire blade in STK1000 and Superbike cup via Motamerica twitter

Newyork and stk0308 like this.
  12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Did he finally get the new one? Can't remember if he ever got it before the end of last season but I want to say he didn't.

13. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Looks like the new rrrrrrr

redtailracing likes this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

He did get the new one. He is excited.

stk0308 and redtailracing like this.
  15. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Who is the M4 super bikes ?

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Kinda limited on time to build/develop a 660 for this season right? Pretty cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rice r0cket likes this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Don't doubt the Cop.

Sundaydisco likes this.
  19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You have no idea. Scrambling....

Shenanigans, rice r0cket and Circacee like this.
  20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member