1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Jokes aside though, I've only experienced that with one of the rental 1911's I shot a few weeks ago at the range. Never been hit in the head with an ejected shell before and then it happened multiple times with that gun lol

2. You ain’t the boss of me.

:D

3. The 17 also does it. Did it twice last week. I’ve never had it happen on anything other than a Glock.

It’s not often. Maybe one time out of every 1-1.5 mags.

So is not a huge deal, but in the wrong situation it could be.

4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Shoot hotter loads.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

This.

If you ever trust your life with that gun I’d measure my spring weight and go from there. Also which ammo was doing it. Keep a spreadsheet man!!

6. It was probably Remington 115g FMJ range ammo.

I say “probably” because I can’t remember which mag I was on at that particular time.

If not that, then it was Gold Dot “G2” 124g HP.

All of them stay loaded with HPs while in the house, and there is a spare mag loaded also.

My routine is when I take a gun to the range, I shoot the 2 mags of defensive ammo, then I swap to FMJ. That small Pelican case (in the picture) holds 250 rounds.

So each time I go to the range, I divide that 250 rounds between all the guns I bring, plus 2 mags of defensive ammo per gun.

That’s how I keep track of the ammo I use. That Pelican case holds damn near exactly 250 rounds. I always have to shake it and make them settle, then push the lid down to make it close. If I tried to put just 10-20 more rounds in it, it wouldn’t close.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's a shit ton of money in ammo now hahaha

8. Sometimes I wonder if motherfuckers believe their earbuds make their farts silent to everyone else also.

9. It’s sucks for sure, but I can’t help it. I mean, I wouldn’t stop racing just because tires went up, or stop driving if gas prices went up. So there’s nothing I can do but hope it gets back to normal soon.

10. wsmc 589

Has anyone messed around with PRC? I’m shooting a match in 2 weeks and trying to decipher the rule book. Curious if I should shoot my larue .260 or .308. Also how much glass is needed? I’m staying away from production because my niteforce scopes are all above the msrp limits.

11. wsmc 589

Yeah I thought you said frange so I went on a whole diatribe about how much I hate frange even though i shoot probably 50k a year of that garbage now.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Gorilla George likes this.
  12. noles19

Yes we do

13. :crackup:

14. sbk1198

So that's like $5000 in ammo nowadays every time you go shoot? :D I know most of the conversation and thread has been about handguns, but out of curiosity do you shoot any other types of guns or mostly just handguns? Especially at that nice empty outdoor range you mentioned before?

Yep. I use those Walker electronic ear muffs, and when I have it turned up I can hear my farts with an echo even if I'm outside. It's also my way of retaliating against the person next to me whose brass ends up hitting me all the time! :D

I have a scar from almost a year ago when a 5.56 brass landed right on the back of my neck propped against my shirt and it took me a couple of seconds to get it off but that was enough time to burn the shit out of me and leave a 1.5" scar! :mad:

15. I have/do, but nothing long range. Not saying I won’t change my mind at some point, but I don’t get any excitement out of setting up, dialing in, etc just to fire one (long range) shot.

It could possibly be because I don’t hunt. So there are no “real world” applications for that activity.

But mainly because it’s just not fun for me.

I would rather jump over a picnic table, land and go into a barrel roll, to end up on one knee behind a 55gal drum, then rapid fire 5-10 shots out of a carbine at multiple targets that are 20-100 yards away. :D

Seriously, it’s a damn good thing nobody sees me and the shit I do at that outdoor one when I am all by myself. :D

You just have no idea how many jungles I’ve cleared, huge drug cartels I’ve taken down, and large terrorist groups ive completely wiped out, all by myself. :crackup:

The wife used to wonder why I would always go in old clothes (that I don’t care about), and why they would be all fucked up and dirty when I got back.

Now she doesn’t even mention it when I leave. Then when I get back she will be like “Save the world again?” And I’ll say some shit like “Yep, the motherfuckers never saw that coming” :crackup:

16. noles19

You know your ar can shoot 400+ yards right? (Way further but still)

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Chris, get a properly tricked out Barrett .50 and that $17k should be easy to achieve.

Gorilla George and sbk1198 like this.
  18. sbk1198

Hahahaha that's awesome! I can't even make fun of that cuz I would do the exact same shit if I found myself at a range alone and there's no cameras around! Unfortunately I've never been to a range where there wasn't anyone else present. I generally find pistol shooting and short range shooting more boring because it's just sitting/standing in one place shooting a piece of paper or metal target. But you make it a lot more interactive, so I can see how that would be a LOT more fun. This is why I need to move somewhere else where I can get a house with some land and be away from the city. That way I can just setup something like that in my backyard :D

Regarding shooting long range being no real wold application....wouldn't you rather shoot the bad guys from half a mile away than waiting for them to break into your home?? :D Realistically it probably does have much less real world applications, but I enjoy the challenge behind it. There's definitely more of a science behind long range precision shooting than shooting an AR from less than 100 yards, or a pistol from 7-20 yards.

Although judging by your habits, I bet all we have to do is post a picture/link of some badass tacticool sniper rifle and you'll buy that shit immediately! LOL

19. Oh I know. And I have the “Romeo and Juliet” setup on one of them. But the problem is once you move over to the (relatively) longer lanes, there aren’t any obstacles and shit for me to have to deal with. :D

20. sbk1198

Let's test this out...here you go Chris :D (oh and don't panic...they come in black too so they can match the scope! lol)

[​IMG]

DmanSlam and noles19 like this.