1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

WTF is the pupose of that? To save space?

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The frame is made to “fold”. Since the frame is the pistol because on that gun and most pistols that’s the serialized part I wouldn’t call it a kit. Buying the just the frame is the same process as buying the whole gun though definitely cheaper. To me a kit would be something that adds to your pistol and can be shipped right to your house.
    I personally do not see the advantage of a folding 19. A 19 doesn’t take up much space in a back pack or suitcase and I definitely wouldn’t use it for carry. Hey don’t come at me yet I’ve got to put my gun together is something I’d never want to say. Hell I don’t even want to have to rack a round.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

It is like Honda and the oval piston, the inboard disk, etc.: It answers the question nobody asked.

Cheers,

dave

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  5. Yep.

It’s an option for people who need to fit a CCW in small place, but want something bigger than a Hellcat, P365, etc.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

A folding rifle I understand...but a folding handgun seems pretty silly.

DaveB likes this.
  7. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

By the time you pull that out and get it ready, what you needed it for is already over. To me that would be kind of like carrying empty chamber with your magazine in your pocket.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys are still talking about guns, right?

DaveB and Gorilla George like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

were we ever? I thought this whole thread was a euphemism...

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For Broome…

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hey Broome, CheyTac.com

12. Valid point.

I have no desire to get one. I’ve never been a fan of Glocks anyway. I was just wondering if anyone had ever shot one, and if so, what it felt like.

I was mainly wondering if it felt “solid”.

I’m sure they put a lot of engineering into it. But regardless, anytime you take something that is supposed to be 1 piece, and make it multiple pieces with hinges and pins, there is bound to be some “slop”.

13. I fucking knew it!

Before I even clicked on it, I thought “a paycheck says this motherfucker is gonna show me the definition of that shit”.

Godamnit where is the moon!!

HPPT likes this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Geebus that's some nice stuff. Eveytime you put up a link in this thread it seems like at lease $5K / link.
    First the custom pistols, now this.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

One day he'll take the bait.

16. You know shits expensive when the fuckers won’t even list a price.

On that topic, I fucking HATE that shit. It doesn’t matter if it is guns, cars, TVs, whatever. Just list the godamn price.

I have been shopping for something specific, found it, but then didn’t buy it from that seller/shop, simply because of that bullshit. I don’t want to call you. I want to see the price and make my decision without listening to your bullshit.

When I see that, I’m like “Nope...next...” and I move on until I see the price advertised.

The whole “if you have to ask...” line is stupid as hell. It isn’t a matter of not being able to afford it; it is a matter of not wanting to have to talk to someone, possibly wasting my time and theirs.

If I was an employee, working for a place that advertised shit on the internet, but didn’t list the price, I would hate it also. Imagine having to answer the phone and then answer the question “How much does this cost” 1482 times every fucking day.

noles19 likes this.
  17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

11 to 14k for the Intervention.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

19. A little aggravated with Sportmans Guide. But maybe I’m wrong...

I was looking at YouTube videos and came across one for the “War Poet”. It’s a custom/modified G19 designed by John Lovell “aka Warrior Poet”. I’m sure most of you have heard of him, if you haven’t, look him up. Awesome dude. I am not on the same page with him as far as religion, but other than that dude is a true real world badass, and has great videos.

Anyway, so I watch the video and it looks cool. So I think I need one. I click the link and go to the SportsmansGuide site, and of course it is sold out.

Then at the bottom there is the “other things that might interest you” shit. I click on the Sig P365XL that comes with a Romeo optic mounted.

It’s in stock so I order one.

I have an optic coming for the new Hellcat OSP, so I figure I can try the Hellcat and P365XL at the same time and see which one I like best.

I get the confirmation email of my order. Then I immediately get another email saying “Your order cannot he shipped because it is not in stock. We don’t know when it will be available”.

WTF

That shit pisses me off. If it isn’t in stock, then say so. Don’t let me order it and then tell me. I think that’s bullshit.

Amirite?

Or is that a normal practice?