1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I think the problem was before the first ammo shortage people would let their ammo inventory sit on the stores shelves. On the way to the range they would stop by a retail store to purchase more ammo. They never ever had a problem
    finding ammo before.Than the fist shortage hit and you could not find ammo . People said never again they would be caught without ammo and started to hoard.I can't tell you how many people I talk to that tell me they use
    to keep maybe 100 rounds of a certain caliber at home but now they have 1000, 5000 and even more rounds of a particular caliber.

2. Lightweights. :D

Triple X, rk97 and Photo like this.
  3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

VSTO, Vista outdoors(?) is the holding company for Federal Ammunition.

Look at their stock prices.

for my part, i like my guns like i like my motorcycles: inexpensive, common, and functional. As a result, i only own and shoot common calibers. I’m not sure if that’s biting me in the ass now, or helping me.

i can’t find 9mm or 22lr to save my life, but 12ga bird shot is still easy to find ...and I’ve always kept lots of “range” ammo on hand in case it became scarce. I haven’t been to the range, but i wouldn’t hesitate to go, and “waste” some ammo.

actually, i may go later and rent a pistol. They’re going to insist that i use their ammo. Wonder what it will cost, or if they have any to sell to people who are renting.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You can find both those ammo's online it's just expensive..

5. Finally got the Trijicon RMR for the FN 509 Tactical.

5ECAA5B4-D2D0-4425-9881-621545BFA8CE.jpeg

Triple X likes this.
  6. I got an optic ordered for the Hellcat OSP. The gun store didn’t have any in stock.

I’m proud of myself. I went in there and only left with the RMR. I didn’t buy a gun today. :D

But hell, I could have gotten 2 guns for what Trijicon charges for these bastards. Have they always been this expensive? This is the first time I’ve ever JUST bought a Trijicon sight, without buying at least one gun, some ammo, etc at the same time, so I’ve never paid attention before.

They sure are proud of these fucking things.

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

If you see a Glock 20 lmk. I'll fly over from Nashville to KCHA, get the crew car, go buy it and fly home.

8. I’ll look next time I’m in there.

You are just trying to test my willpower aren’t you? :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

A couple weeks ago, Smyrna Gun Shop had one along with some 17s and a couple others. No idea if it's still there. But might be worth a call and asking.

10. Anyone have or tried that folding Glock? The one that folds in half (handle folds in).

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We need to get you back on motorcycles ASAP.

12. Steak Travis

yeah they are out of Glocks. They did have a box of 130gr eldm bullets in 6.5 which I got.

I was bow hunting Saturday afternoon and of course the pigs came out at 50 yards at dark. I flung one arrow but would rather have just popped one with the 10mm. A 44mag with a RDS would work too but I'd rather have a g20

I stuck a doe at 40 yards and should have it back from the processor in a week or so. Venison burger mixed with bacon, sausage, back straps, cube steak. Gonna be good

MachineR1 likes this.
  13. Steak Travis

Haha yes.... now you have a reason that you have to go back into the shop :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. redtailracing

Full Conceal or whatever the hell it's called? That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen! :crackup: Pretty sure they're out of business now.

15. redtailracing

Shit when did you pick up the 6.5 from there? I need to grab some more myself.

And that burger sounds absolutely mouth watering at the moment. Doesn't help I'm starving right now but stuck at work.

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hey guys...a buddy in GA is looking for new Smith 357, Model 586 6" barrel blue steel.

Any dealers have a line on one?

17. Steak Travis

Friday. It was the last box :(

18. This one. It’s a Glock 19 (9mm), that folds in half.

upload_2021-1-26_19-29-22.jpeg

I can see the appeal of it. You can toss it in a backpack, glove compartment, etc. It takes up a small space, but folds out into a full size gun.

I haven’t shot one and have no idea how it would feel/handle compared to a “regular” gun. I’m just saying I can see the appeal.

Plus, it’s kinda like a Transformer. :D

Sabre699 and Phl218 like this.
  19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I think you're paying for the name more than anything. Like a Harley.

What do you think of the trigger on the 509? It was the one thing I really didn't like about the gun. I installed a spring kit and did a little bit of work on it. Made a huge difference.

20. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

What range? Been to different ranges, but never one in Cleveland. Always heard mixed things. Either went to some property way out in Ashtabula or to a friends place in Lodi.

And I'm still interested in that R6 master, but have barely been home since November on work trips.

rk97 likes this.