1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Me either. Back around 2007/2008, AMA said no way in hell they would run the short course due to many safety concerns. Especially the joker.

Just ask Robbie Jensen what he thinks... :)

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Very similar turn configuration that was the cause of Lloyd Bailey's passing

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Just saw this:
    I am definitely a fan of the kid... and the father.

BigBird, JBall, henry_carlson and 3 others like this.
  4. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Where is start/finish located on the short course?

5. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

#2 is Finish. #7 is start (on the Red Track). Apparently years ago they tried running #2 as start and Turn 12 just turned into carnage (a la the starts at the Ridge).
    [​IMG]

6. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Motomerica do have all their information available to teams. Their TV numbers are strung out across several different networks and they have a strong digital following too. I think the report that I saw showed over 4 million TV views and 6 million digital for the season. I'm sure AFT is strong too, the NBC show is good to watch.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

September 2008, the first weekend running the short course. A guy tangled into me off the start and we both ended up in the weeds on the outside at the entrance of T2. At least I didn't get the broken collar bone, just a trashed bike.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

The only thing I remember about Brainerd is Jamie Hacking's YZF750 hitting the wall of bridge when he almost high sided out of a turn and then ate shit when he hit the grass. Or or bailed when he saw the wall coming. Whichever you prefer.

9. CRA_Fizzer

Same happened to me. I got pushed off track at T2, hit a chunk of asphalt which put me into a 300foot tank slapper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Circacee likes this.
  10. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what they do with the starting grids - I'm not sure how the 15 minute media grid is (realistically) possible with the configuration as it sits now.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just to be clear, they'll be running the red layout,correct ?

12. CRA_Fizzer

Yes, the short course.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Jake was on fire for Yamaha test day 1. As Small skinny kid buying a bike from attack to go super bike racing is it sdk?

Circacee likes this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I heard that also. Does make one wonder. They so said coming from 600s.

Could be interesting.

15. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

What happened with SDK?

16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

My moneys on Jason Aguilar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Olmedo?

18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I had guessed SDK, but someone on FB said with Aguilar (seemed like he knew what he was talking about)

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

O shit I see now, well JA 96 is sponsored by Yamaha and confirmed he was riding one next season so maybe him. But he does have a relationship with Graves ( I am uneducated on the mechanics side, can someone have a relationship with Graves and Attack?) He also rides for Honos so maybe that tells us where Honos is going next season, if true.

KO 16 has been with Altus for 2 seasons now and they seem to be in bed with Suzuki and M4 so maybe he leaving? They did just announce 2 riders and KO was not mentioned so IDK, I'd lean to JA96 but this is racing so who the hell knows lol

20. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

As long as we can attend physically, they can run at Jennings for all I care. I miss attending the big boy races

Rising Sun and KneeDragger_c69 like this.