I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Ever looked at a FN 57?

2. No because my indoor range specifically has a sign that says “No 5.7!”

I reckon it’ll put holes in their back wall. Same reason they won’t allow ARs.

I can take the Ruger Charger, because it shoots 9mm.

3. Thanks dude. It wasn’t easy, that’s for sure. I’d be embarrassed to know just how many tears I filled that therapy place with. But I made it happen, that’s all that matters.

shakazulu12 and Yzasserina like this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Are you going to be in a physical or mental condition to do any gun work in the future? I have a bolt action project or two that I would like to get done at some point.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have some calibers because I really wanted the gun and some calibers because of intended use. It does create some storage issues.

Attached Files:

Wingnut likes this.
  6. upload_2020-12-5_16-18-3.jpeg

:crackup:

7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Jedb and Gorilla George like this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You and broome quit buying up all the damn ammo! Fack!

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. I’ll sell you some for $3/round. :D

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I bought 99.9% of what I have last year and much longer ago. I’ve been through enough election years to know you have to buy ahead of the craziness. But I did screw up and forgot to buy my hog ammo so now I’m paying way more than I should.

11. One cool thing about the 509 Tactical is that it comes with 3 different magazines (instead of 3 of the same one).

The smallest magazine (12) has a little extension for the pinky. With it installed, it is similar in overall size to the HK VP9-SK.

Then it has a “normal” one that holds 15.

Then it comes with a 24 round one for when it’s time to party. :D

The 3 different magazines make it more versatile. Everything from an EDC to a zombie apocalypse weapon.

Razr likes this.
  12. I was curious so I compared them.

Yep, with the 15 and 12 round magazines in each of them, they are identical in size (obviously with the exception of the barrel on the 509).

6209C3DE-3F66-417B-8C42-733D2E460443.jpeg

1655F491-3C6B-4CE4-A51A-8C3BEB1BB809.jpeg

Side note. The HK VP9-SK doesn’t come with the extended 15rnd magazine; have to purchase separately.

13. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Just bought a mantis x3 training device . Does anyone else own or have played with one? You can dry fire at home or live fire the the range. Pretty humbling I knew I was a bad shot but this pretty much confirms it. lol Hopefully with practice I will become a better shooter .

www.mantisx.com

14. I’ve had one for a while and keep forgetting about it. It’s still in the box. <facepalm>

Photo likes this.
  15. Did you order yours after seeing it on that Active Shooter dudes YouTube page too?

16. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

no , I missed that video . Was looking for a practice aid and mantis kept getting the best reviews. Do you have a link to his video?

17. Search “Active Self Protection”.

Dude has tons of real-life videos of incidents and breaks them down into “do’s and don’t’s”

Mantis is one of his sponsors.

Photo likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

94% OF SHOOTERS IMPROVE
    AFTER USING MANTISX FOR JUST 20 MINUTES
    Shit, one magazine with a red dot will do that for 100% of shooters. :D

Gorilla George and Photo like this.
  19. No doubt. :D

Ive got red dots and Lasers on about 8-9 of them, it’s like cheating.

20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I've been using it. I picked one up because I broke my right hand a year ago while racing and it deformed the metacarpal knuckle on my trigger finger making the whole trigger pull movement much stiffer, plus I lost about 1/4" length of my finger so I had to relearn how to shoot.

Long story short, it allowed me to find a new way to smooth my trigger pull and adjust my finger placement without spending a bunch on ammo. The single handed and draw drills are good too.

Razr, Gorilla George and Photo like this.