Is mm93 ever coming back?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

you're foreal trying to make a point with 14th? really?

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

14th is still better than 15th.

Grandpa showed the whole world that Marquez was under his skin in 2015 at Sepang when he kicked him out of the race. Every year since then, a person named Marquez has been ahead of Rossi in the season end standings. Rossi has three (count 'em) THREE wins since then, and none in 1258 days. Marquez has 32.

It is time (past time) for the Goat :rolleyes: to head out to pasture.

He had a great run. Now he can't beat 14th place.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You’re right. Now that he’s in his 40s the young Marquez may even beat him next year.

Hell, there have even been a few almost-goats along the way, but you know what they say about horseshoes and hand-grenades.

Maybe someone in the next generation will dethrone him.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He will already have a race win within 6 months.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Andrew Luck went to Germany for his shoulder rebuild.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He is king of the Aliens!

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

It must be a very conservative estimation.
    They must've learned their lesson.

8. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

This is true

9. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

It is worth stating that your fracture healing benefited immensely from the fact that your bone growth was still in an accelerated state at such a young age. Peak bone growth/mass ends around mid 20s. Fractures are harder and slower to heal onwards

10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Was Jordan a known quantity at the time the Trailblazers passed on him? I don’t fault people for reasonable for the time decisions they made without the benefit of hindsight. The Redskins play sounds as retarded as what Honda did.

The worst aspect of the Marquez debacle on Honda’s part is that the dude ruining his career was a quite foreseeable outcome. Honda had the information to make a better decision and chose not to. If Marc never comes back, or is unable to reach his previous level, they just cost themselves several titles and a fucking boatload of race wins.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean he had a engine failure, a bike that cut off on it's own, 2 weeks of no racing with Covid, and on top of that he was riding the Turd Yamaha, not the good one at the end, where it went from best to let's fight for 10th.

A lot of it was not in his control.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm pretty sure you can replace Honda with Marquez. Marquez and his team told them that he was all good to go. He carries that much weight in that garage, and then add Puig to the Mix....he never really had anyone in his corner to say "No". Everyone becomes a "YesMan" when that person is paying the bills.

14. wac

wac Well-Known Member

MM93 at %60 recovery can still take the ship.

15. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It’s being reported that he has an infection in that arm and is still in the hospital to deal with it. If it’s staph he’s really in trouble.

BigBird likes this.
  16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I understand he's been great, but that's nonsense. He ain't far enough in front of the field to win titles at 60%. If he came back at 90% I think he'd be on par with everyone else, and races would be as exciting as they were this year. Only difference is I think he would be consistently at the front (1st-5th), and that's what will give him the chance at more titles. No more outright domination.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    stk0308, SGVRider and nd4spd like this.
  17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I hope for his sake that's not true. If infection can get into the bone that's where were start worrying about saving his life, not his arm. Prayers out for the young man.

18. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine broke his forearm playing soccer, he got an infection in the bone, they had to actually shorten the bones to get rid of the infected parts and then constantly flush it for a couple of weeks. He then had to wait a while before getting a bone graft. It took nearly a year before his arm was good again.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would go so far as to say it would take at least 95%. I think people are delusional when making these kinds of comparisons. I'm convinced that when you get to that level, as little as an extra couple of percent ability might be the difference between potential world champion and alien. The way he humiliated them at Jerez before he crashed is not someone having an extra 10% over the field. Maybe 3%. The other guys are that good.

Full disclosure: all the numbers used in this post were pulled straight out of my ass.

The Great One and SpeedyE like this.