1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is mm93 ever coming back?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Doesn’t matter who’s fault it was. The fact he wasn’t there means a lot to these riders. Same reason that at a club race we are donating our parts to the guy we are competing against to make sure he’s out there in the next sprint against us. I realize this is pro but it’s still the ego.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The laws of physics and probability are immutable. A good portion of Marc’s speed seemed to come from his acceptance of huge amounts of risk.

BigBird, Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Didn’t Nicky say the same years ago. Something like I go as fast as I can until I crash then go just a little bit slower. Lol.

5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Papa has bookmarked this thread...

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This. If you think Marquez's absence isn't in the back of Mir's head, you're delusional. Sure, Mir absolutely earned his championship and its as valid as any other championship in GP. But I guarantee you he wishes Marc had been out there. I'd personally rather finish a close 2nd place 3 times in the same weekend than win 3 races because the one guy who could challenge me crashed in the first race. I suspect most of us racers are the same in that regard all the way to the top level.

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Of course Mir wants a championship with MM93 in it to the end as bad as he wanted that race win.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. The thing is, MM fucked up. In order to finish first, you must first finish.

Racing is probably the only sport where “mistakes” are almost disregarded. Someone can fuck up, and then people will say “he is the best and would have won if he didn’t crash”. Well, crashing is a mistake...which means for that race, he was NOT the best.

That would be like saying “____ is the best quarterback in the game, they would have won the Super Bowl if ____ hadn’t thrown 4 interceptions”. Well, in order to truly be the best, maybe he shouldn’t take so many chances; at some point it will cost his team a Championship.

Same goes for MM.

MM probably fucks up more than anyone else, but usually he can get away with it. This time he couldn’t. MM fucking up doesn’t diminish Mir’s Championship at all.

pscook, Knotcher, stk0308 and 11 others like this.
  9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

There's a time when a father should step in. This was one of those times.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

How many 20+ year olds listen to their parents?

cav115 and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For which particular statements?

13. joec

joec brace yourself

Mick Doohan says "suck it up and race, mary". He'll be back for sure. I don't think anyone but his own self will keep him off a bike. Can't let suzuki have 2!

Yzasserina and VFR#52 like this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So, the verbal SAT was a bit lower? :D
    A crash is not a crash until it's a crash, and 8 championships don't lie. Marc may come back physically diminished. Mentally weakened? I just don't see it.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The guy is certifiably insane. I don't think a bum arm is going to stop him from riding a bike.

BigBird likes this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Disagree.

MM is a grown man, we all learn from our choices.....wasn`t like he didn`t know he was pushing the limit.

Way past time for "daddy" or Honda to make his choices.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He'll be back...

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  18. I know that. I didn’t say “crash”. I said he “probably fucks up more than anyone, but usually he can get away with it”.

Every time he almost crashed, it was a fuck up. Either too much brake pressure or lean angle, or both. He didn’t crash, he fucked up. And when he saves it, it means he fucked up but got away with it.

To reuse the quarterback analogy, when a QB doesn’t realize there is a 2nd defender and throws into double coverage, he fucked up. When the receiver jumps higher than the defense and manages to catch the ball, it means the QB fucked up, but got away with it.

He didn’t throw an interception, but he definitely fucked up. He just got away with it that time; he may not always be so lucky.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Did you know he still lives with his parents ?
    MM is a child, like many other guys in the Moto GP paddock. Don't get me wrong, he rides like a man, but most of them are children. Nothing to do with the heroes of old.

20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Where he lives doesn`t determine his being an adult. My 02.

Child??? lol. You can say that all you want to, he just learned a lesson.

How old is he?

Gorilla George likes this.