1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So you change the subject to deflect. Your original post was that "I dont recall a limitation with those infected". I reply with notes on the substantial limitations placed on those infected.

You switch to justifying the limitations.

Nice move, but its gaslighting.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I understand that the AIDS issue is near and dear to your heart, but it was 40 years ago that this all started coming to light, and unless you were active in the issue, as you were, it’s far from gaslighting to not recall the “gay cancer scare” and its implications for the gay community.

Nor is it gaslighting for the casual observer to remember the fears and reactions as justified, for their time, as little was known about the virus beyond:

A- it ravaged the gay community and the intravenous drug user community

B- it was a death sentence

Can I ask that you not immediately jump to offense when someone says something that can be construed as said with malintent and instead assume it’s a teachable moment to correct misinterpretations and enlighten with your experiences?

Pretty please? With wire nuts on top? :D

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - enough papers talk. You're pushing the limits way too far...

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

ban hammer is a coming

[​IMG]

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Virginia is going into lockdown mode.

No gathers indoors or outdoors of more then 25, fines for not wearing a mask in essential businesses and (more retarded of all) no serving booze at bars after 10 PM.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I just hope that this will keep the self centered twatwaffles that "need" a vacation out of the airports. I am kinda used to having my own row when I fly to work now...:D

Phl218 and Photo like this.
  8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Your new limitations are where Baltimore was at our least least restrictive phase during the Summer.

Our mayor loves to keep us locked down

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not to piss on Baltimore but you all needed to be locked down. :D

F@ck the Ravens and F@ck Baltimore! :crackup:

Joking aside, I just hope the kid gets through tomorrow's tournament before the rest of MD gets locked down.

10. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree!

11. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Here in Western NY we aren't allowed to have more than 10 people in a private residence and explicitly including Thanksgiving. Since our governor is so reasonable, he has an exception for families that have more than 10 people. Haha.

Local sheriffs have already said they aren't enforcing it.

BigBird and Photo like this.
  12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

No, its not about AIDS.

I get tired of someone coming on here, making a false statement, then when being corrected (or called) on it, immediately changes to justifying their position.

If you are uneducated in a area (and I'm uneducated in many areas) and someone provides accurate information, be man enough to say "Ok, I didn't know that".

Or maybe just say nothing and let the conversation move on.

Don't be the dick who says "oh, I'm justifying my feelings on the information you provided, when in your prior post, you said those facts didn't exist.

It'd be the same for any subject.

/rant off

BigBird, badmoon692008 and OGs750 like this.
  13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Show me the criminal complaints for those who were jailed.

“I didnt know about that.”

As far as limitations being placed on you for various reasons, Im sorry that occurred and its not correct.

Your previous employer should have made an accommodation for you.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Same up here, locals said they won't be bothered unless they get a complaint then they have to go investigate.

Photo likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story...rruption-clinical-trials-part-one/6331294002/

Vaccinating billions of people to prevent a disease with a 99% survival rate for people under 70 -- all based on clinical trial efficacy analysis of less than 200 COVID-19 cases involving patients with coughs and unreliable PCR tests with significant false positive rates -- is not the triumph of science. It's corruption and it's the tip of the iceberg.

Evad101 and tony 340 like this.
  17. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

2blueYam likes this.
  18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

i just spent 10 days on a ventilator fwiw i never get sick

just got out of icu

too tired to type more but will later

BigBird, Sabre699, Shocker and 6 others like this.
  19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

KY governor announced a new set of restrictions yesterday to start tomorrow:
    - No in person dining/bars
    - no middle/high school in person classes
    - (I think all school sports were cancelled, but don't see it listed now)
    - max 8 people from two household gatherings
    - limits on gyms, funerals weddings etc...

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

glad to hear you're off the ventilator and out of ICU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.