1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. It’s amazing how cheap AR magazines are compared to handgun magazines.

Triple X likes this.
  2. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

On my Springfield Saint "pistol" I'm trying to keep it as small and light as possible I think the Olight and bracket are gonna become to bulky for what i want for it.

The Surefire on my MK18 sbr feels perfect for this setup. But i would like a laser for if/when trying to get on target without being able to look through the glass.

Attached Files:

Triple X likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

yep, a $10 mag can hold $20+ worth of bullets these days

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Go big or go home.
    Also helps make up for my lack of skill. :crackup:

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  5. Romeo and Juliet :D 7E281633-1686-4615-8494-024EDF5DA1F0.jpeg

I like the Juliet Magnifier because it quickly flips down out of the way. You don’t even have to work any buttons, just push it to the side and it folds over.

Razr likes this.
  6. So does the ever useful “spray and pray” firing technique. :D

That’s the reason for the high capacity magazines. The more ammo you can unload, the less skill you need. :crackup:

Razr and Triple X like this.
  7. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I like the way you think!

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That would give me a black eye. I'd need to move it about 2 inches further forward. My nose about touches the charging handle.

9. It is right on the money for me, as long as I have the buttstock extended. If I close it, then I would have the same issue.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Every time I see you post since yesterday, I see that fool in the YouTube video. It will pass. Eventually. :D

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Just posting my opinion. However, I don't think I'd call 357 sig "oddball". It's a bad ass round. Plus the ability to take 10 seconds and make your gun a 9mm isn't something to be minimized. I've taught my wife and daughter to shoot with my daily carry gun by shooting the cheaper 9mm out of it. They'll be able to grab it an know how it works, properly, at any point. I realize that most of the common "noob" buyers, right now, just want the gun and a box of ammo to "feel" safe, I'm just posting an opinion for someone that wants to shoot their gun and can't afford 20 different guns like Broome. :)

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Chris needs a .38 super. Preferably an Akai.

Jedb likes this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

But the real mini 14 dilemma is........223 or 556?!?! The world may never know:D. I have a mini14.:D

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Christ Broome! You could've bought a whole nother pistol for what you spent on mags for that one.

Triple X and Gorilla George like this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

From what I understand, I hope you enjoy practicing remedial action if you go with a drum on an AR...

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

A good brake is often overlooked on an AR because they really don’t have much recoil. I ether have precision armament brakes or cans on all my ARs. If I could find a can that would keep the gun as still as a good brake I’d be broke.

17. I haven’t seen the video yet. So I’m not sure how to take that. :D

Ima go ahead and toss one of these out there. With you, odds are it is necessary.... :moon:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Go check it out, fool. :D

19. To make things easier, everything I own is either 9mm, .45ACP, or 5.56/.223.

I don’t want to have a bunch of guns that all shoot different ammo.

Well, shit. I do have the .44 Magnum. But that’s easy to keep straight because it’s my only revolver.

20. Well, in my defense, I have two full size VP9’s. So at least those magazines all fit two different guns. :D

Triple X likes this.