1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a vehicle (Minivan specifically)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 28, 2020.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

New Touring L Plus. Thank me later. BTW You married a smart one if she wants a minivan!

Congrats! Best vehicle ever!! What did you get, Odyssey?

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Post up the Vin and I'll get you MMR (manheims $$)

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

• 2C4RC1N78JR358710

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

AWD Sienna. Don't have or ever will have kids. But it's going to be my daily and lightweight camper/MTB rig. They have lift kits for them now and it should get me wherever I need to go and keep my bikes inside and all my gear while still being HOA friendly and seating 4. Thinking is I'll do a plywood sheet with some coin flooring and L-track over the third row so I can mount various things. There is a ton of space if I take the third row out completely and pondering how I might use that. Water, compressor maybe?

terminus est, Tifosi, Senna and 3 others like this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

I loved our last one. This is HER choice so I am gonna sit back. The only thing I wanna do is haggle since I am new to it. LOL

but she has her heart set on the limited so I am all for it.

BigBird likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My brother.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

MMR average in the SE is $24700 with average of 34,000 miles

That's what a dealer should be able to buy it from the auction for.

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'm trying to locate a new Camry XLE on behalf of my mother. If you are in TX, they should pay you to buy one. Tons of overstock in that state.

I'm tired of the process as every dealer baits and switches. But I am patient, and will find one.

The disadvantage I have is, here in GA, if you trade in a car, its value reduces the tax you pay on the new car. $50K new, $25K trade in means only $25K is taxed. At 6.6%, it can make a difference.

9. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

The hybrid losses the 2nd row stow and go seats. It's filled with battery there.

Love our 17 touring model and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Personality id steer clear of a used hybrid anything. It's basically two car power systems to fail in one.

BigBird likes this.
  10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

That much was obvious by the title of the thread
    But then you went ahead and posted this gem. God what an awful vehicle.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  11. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Do NOT buy, say no to the hybrid.

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

13. Robby-Bobby

Is this personal experience? I’m not arguing but she REALLY wants that model.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

How much more is a used one? Might be worth it for the warranty alone....plus that new car smell.

BigBird likes this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Schizoautomodia is definitely something to avoid.

16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Odyssey or GTFO. Get the Elite trim with the vacuum.

Razr likes this.
  17. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I picked up a nice Chrysler Town & Country I to about not4.5 years ago used w 140k on her, All I gotta say is its the most comfortable v/relaxing vehicle have ever driven bar none.... And against all expectations proved to be extremely reliable and versatile.
    Just four months at ago @260k completely my fault wasn't soon enough to repair a small leak in my radiator and I blew the head gaskets.... Yes the resale sucks but I believe if you take care of these things and pay attention mine is any example great car for the price.
    I only paid 3k for it used....
    I buy another tomorrow..no question.
    White w tan leather interior & chrome rims...for a mini van, I feel there the best looking vans out there.
    I'm thinking of stripping the seats and putting them in my E350 7.3...doing a faux King Ranch van interior...lol
    There beyond comfy... these seats should be illegal to put in cars....they will put you to sleep...lol

BigBird likes this.
  18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

If you have to have a hybrid, best to lease, then you don't have to worry about the battery or other expensive repairs.

BigBird likes this.
  19. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Used Chrysler? Pacifica, and a hybrid? Man... Buying a new vehicle just goes against everything I live by, but I'm pretty sure even I would buy that thing new if my hand was forced to own one...

bored&stroked, BigBird and SGVRider like this.
  20. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I would +1 buying new or getting some sort of warranty on that model of pacifica especially if it's the first year (2018 I think?). I know that when we searched for our minivan (2019 odyssey) the used prices were high even at small dealers ($30k+ for right out of warranty while a brand new one was $34k) and they do not budge. I would shop online with carvana, etc and see what's out there.

BigBird likes this.