1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a vehicle (Minivan specifically)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 28, 2020.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I bought my 2015 Sienna with about 40k on the clock, paid a little over $20k. It just turned over 100k with zero problems. I ran the last one 234k miles, very few issues at all.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

All I can say is that when they finally manage to contact you about your vehicle's warranty, don't hang up.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Manxboy

Manxboy Well-Known Member

Hey Rob, Wholesale on that Pacifica is $25,800 with that mileage if it's a really nice vehicle, which it appears to be. I can get you a 2018 from the Manheim Auction if needed and save you a few grand. There's a ton of late model Chryslers going through the Manheim Orlando sale every Tuesday.
    That Hybrid has a CVT transmission in it, not sure I'd want to own that vehicle once the factory warranty runs out, definitely something to think about.
    I'd still help you out, even though you did sell that lovely 675 Triumph race bike out from underneath me ;) And I thank you eternally for that as that ended up putting me on an 1125R Buell which I loved!
    Pat Mooney.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Crap Valueless Transmissions would certianly be a no go. The principal is good. The reliability just isn't there yet.

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I just went through this crap late last year. Got the wife a Honda Odyssey. With the 2 kids it works for what we need it for but she hates driving a mini van. And I absofuckinglutely HATE car salesmen. 95% of those people are scumbag scam artists.

bored&stroked and SGVRider like this.
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Didn’t know they made an AWD Sienna. The wife wants a minivan and I’m happy to oblige, the kids are a pain to load and unload in a regular car. Hertz has some good deals on Pacificas, but it’d be nice to have something that we can take to Mammoth or Tahoe in the winter. How hard are the seats to remove? Might use it as bicycle hauler too when the kids aren’t in it, but no compressor setup for me.

BigBird likes this.
  7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

We sound like twins. I refuse to buy new cars on principle, but the thought of owning a Chrysler out of warranty scares me much more than paying depreciation costs!

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

its still under warranty. Has a standard 10 year 100k warranty factory and Ill always get extended warranty also.

9. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So do they remove your nugget pouch when you buy a minivan? :crackup:

10. Venom51

NO...they just take the balls out and leave the sack hanging. Balls go in a pocket in the wife's over sized purse to never be seen again like everything else that goes in it.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

I don’t know: it’s for my old lady. You can ask her

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Those people who make fun of minivans, probably don't have families. It's literally the best driving vehicle once you have even one kid. Easy to load, low floor height, great for the box hardware store run. 75" Tv to bring home, No problem...sliding door at the parking lot, and the list goes on and on.

SUVs and most pickup trucks are horrid for family use.

terminus est and Dragginass like this.
  13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

But good for running minivans off the road

sill'r B sill'd and 969 like this.
  14. Venom51

Are there a lot of cyclist that drive minivans?

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

If they would make one that didn't look like a rolling billboard for I wish I had my balls back I'd consider one.

16. Robby-Bobby

for sure. Together we have 5 kids so basically we have to have a 3rd row. And the suv that allows that also needs its own gas station.

got no shame on my game and whenever I need to I can get in my 250 and basically move anything out of the way short of a semi. So I’m covered both ways.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

What do you drive? If I may ask?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not sure about the AWD, but the back row on the FWD folds flat into the floor. Middle row can be removed, but it requires effort.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you need a vehicle to advertise the status of your balls, you aren't getting them back.

aftriathlete, SuddenBraking and 969 like this.
  20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

SUVs are just minivans with shittier access and less capability.

BigBird and Dragginass like this.