1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a vehicle (Minivan specifically)

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Funny- local dealer just advertised on the radio $9K off new Pacificas. Nothing else to add except I'm with the guys that said NFW to a Chrysler product or a used hybrid and damn sure not both!

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

And ground clearance and towing capacity

3. notbostrom

Land rover
    Armada
    Infiniti sedan.
    That being said I rent minivans for family road trips so I get it, they are just visually unappealing

4. notbostrom

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

1- why would that matter?
    2- My 1.5yr can without issue
    3- You mean like waving your foot under the car like everyone is doing these days?
    4- No and neither can you. You can slide one open, you cannot open your actual doors upfront. Again, non issue for me.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ha ha ha. thats funny. You think an Alfa can go 5 states without needing at least 2 visits to the mechanic. And i would say it wouldnt even those make it across 5 of those tiny little dave k sized NE states.

SGVRider and BigBird like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, if you're gonna haul ass for lollapalooza you want something you have to commit to not coming back in. The Alfa will get you there but most likely not back. You could get a red corvette convertible, a hawaiian shirt, three gold chains and a set of NB 608s like every plumber and accountant hauling ass for greener pastures but why be like the sheep? Plus, the 'vette tells everyone exactly what you're doing and your wife will have retained a divorce lawyer before you even got out of the 'vette on your trip home from the dealer. :D Pull up in the driveway in your plumbermobile, a divorce lawyer (who drives a yeller ferrari) is already driving over and she has already transferred all the money out of your accounts. The Alfa, she just thinks you've gone insane and she's in for some freaky you're insane sex that night. :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Does Alfa sex mean that there is very little chance of her getting there?

pickled egg likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you can't there's always the tow truck driver, the mechanic and the service manager.

This is one breaks down, you get a loaner.

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

As long as you get there does it matter?

11. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for an update. Did Robby Bobby get:

1) The soccer slaying mini van complete with Peyton approved racing stripes for Tree Fiddy?

2) An F950 dually?

3) Something with a lot of buttons?

4) A diesel Jetta?

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I do believe I have found a Beeb acceptable solution to Robby's problem. A 1 ton dually, diesel van. /thread

[​IMG]

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Needs a red stripe.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I got mine.....get yours!

15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'll take my 81 Fiat 124 Spider with Bosch fuel injection over that. At least I know I'll get there...:D

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

my buddy has the 'NRING QV...it's a sweet ride

50031466612_bfd8e67829_c.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

OP, I just completed some calculations to determine if a Hybrid Camry is financially more attractive vs. standard four cylinder. With an additional $1000 rebate on the Hybrid, and the 9 MPG improvement in highway mileage, it would take over 250,000 miles of highway driving to break even (Hybrid is $3275.00 extra). That is with gas at $1.75/gallon.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Come on Rick, you know Hybrids are the scam of the 2010s. Full electrics are the scam of the 2020s. Stinkwheels the scam of the 2030s?

The false economy of rebates and jumping into the HOV lane. . .

Toyota makes a GREAT hybrid if that's your thing and the only one I'd buy. Electric is the forced future. I would not touch a FCA hydrid with Ron Jeremy's dick.

BigBird likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Dave, when I saw the higher incentive, I had to at least do the math. I hope my calculations were at least close.

Trust me, if I could, I'd be driving one of these, while burning castor oil.

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Those ‘states’ wouldn’t even be big enough to be California counties. :D