1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron Beaubier to Moto2 Rumor or Truth?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

interesting, got a link to the interview?

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Motogp.com

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, wait, this is still a serious thread? Well, shit, if it's resurrected later, I will be among those bitten in the ass for laughing at the notion that this is a viable career move.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was thinking about monster the other night. With their signage on the factory Yamahas, all of their motogp riders and riders they have in moto2 and even moto3 do they need to sponsor a team? With the riders in other classes they support, even if the rider has to use the monster cash to buy their ride. . .

While dicking around I noticed Jesko Raffin has Burger King sponsorship. :D

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I still think there are more likely Americans than Cam, but what if it is a long term career move? The whole thing sounds like it's more about building the team than just bringing in American riders.

7. noles19

Realistically what other Americans have the money and skills?
    Sdk has been mentioned and is a option but other than that?

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

do I hear 38?!? :D

masshole likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not disputing that there are rumors. :D I just don't see how it makes any sense to have refused to go overseas for so long to now do this.
    There is only one bike. Why do you need more options than SDK? :)

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Cam and SDK in Europe next year would be great and hopefully in different series so there's 5+ North American riders in top level series along with Roberts, Gerloff, Landers, etc...

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

too late....see post #68.

Whadda I win?:D

younglion likes this.
  12. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Paasch to Honos Kawisaki for Laguna.. just announced.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who is high profile enough with enough sponsorship backing to get the ride? 'merican, late teens or early to mid 20s, fast with some experience in euroland.

Meh, some wonky toothed Brit will probably buy the ride. :D

MachineR1 likes this.
  14. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I agree that it's odd that an American rider, well into his career, winning MA SB championship after championship, would go to...Moto2. Having said that, I think it'd be VERY interesting to see how Beaubier does. I'd be rooting for him and JR the whole way.

BigBird likes this.
  15. noles19

Well with cam, if his salary has truly been getting cut year after year, that could be the reason. Or something as simple as his gf agreeing to go with him..

As far as sdk, he said more likely Americans making it seem like there are multiple options so that's why I was curious

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Both the R6 and GSXR claim 67 x 42.5 which would be about 599.36 (and a little change).
    The Kawi is 68 x 43.8 or 636.27
    So let's all agree to call it 36.91 cc.:D

younglion likes this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Perhaps he read Rossi's book what if I never tried it?

I'd guess he's made enough in the US to be somewhat financially comfortable that at this point he could take a risk no? Maybe there's enough money on the table it's not really a big step back.

Maybe the right offer caught his attention at the right time, and he just said eff it I'm goin, it's now or never.

I know some ordinary people who've made some headscratching life changing decisions this year due to the covid situation and are re evaluating how they choose to live their lives. Perhaps he just said YOLO and grabed the offer by the balls. Relatively young guy, made some dough racing here, and is now going to go travel the world paddock chasing a dream. I don't really think it's a stupid move at all. Giver!

However it happened or whatever the circumstances are, it's awesome. Another American in GP. Here's hoping him and Joe kick some ass next year!

Gino230, BigBird, Razr and 1 other person like this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sooooo, what you're saying is that it's a cheater bike and has no business being allowed in the class? :D

19. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

WHAT

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I have zero knowledge on performance advantages, but Kawasaki should have been told years ago when they showed up with that thing to go home and try again.

969 likes this.