1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron Beaubier to Moto2 Rumor or Truth?

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Oct 14, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Right time to go where? Moto 2? That was 4-5 years ago.

418 and G Dawg like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

Anybody wanna look at the stats and see how many 30+ year olds have gotten onto the MotoGP grid in the last 10 years or so?

Because even if things go swimmingly for Cam, that's about how old he's doing to be before he has a chance to swing a leg over any MotoGP bike.

3. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is IF he's going overseas, this place will not be the first place to break the news.

grasshopper likes this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I meant to Europe and a World Series not Moto2

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

More than likely you're correct. But there's plenty of people that frequent here that know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody... and info sometimes leaks.

BigBird and FourThreeSix like this.
  6. I had always kinda figured Moto2 was a place for young talent to develop into MotoGP.

And while that is true, there have been guys who are older, and didn’t work out in MotoGP, that end up back in Moto2.

Luthi and Catfish Siren come to mind. And of course Elias (but he did well in MotoGP in younger years).

Moto2 isn’t just a stepping stone for 19 year olds. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone took a 27 year old rookie into the series. Nobody signs 10-year contracts anyway.

Circacee and Chino52405 like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The issue isn't really whether someone would take him. If he brings a budget, he will get a ride. The question is why he would want to add his age, knowing the odds of the experience going further into MotoGP.

BigBird, 418 and Senna like this.
  8. Oh I agree completely, that’s what I said earlier. That move doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

But then again, Cam has had a successful career thus far without consulting me on his moves. :D

Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Dorna releases the provisional entry lists for Moto2 and Moto3 in early November, so we should have confirmation soon either way. With @HPPT 's elephant-like memory, I'm sure this thread will be resurfaced once those are out. :D

BigBird, Senna and Gorilla George like this.
  10. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

True dat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I think some of you are forgetting that last year when SDK subbed in at Valencia for Iker Lecuona (Robert's teammate last year), John Ulrich made an appearance in the booth during one of the Moto2 practice sessions and stated that the goal was to get SDK into the Moto2 paddock once his contract with Team Hammer was up at the end of 2020.

12. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Seems like Escalante would be a better bet as he was handily beating that pack all year

Gorilla George and Circacee like this.
  13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

yea but that was because of those 32cc's :cool:

14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The Moto2 paddock seats come more from who you know and how much money you have. ;)

SDK has his manager from RBR to help sell him in Europe and SDK being 17 vs Escalante 25, SDK wont be considered as being too old by some of the team managers in the paddock.

15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Is it possible someone with deep pockets thinks getting America's latest 2 wheel hero on American Racing is a money maker? There does seem to be some momentum in coverage with Joe's results, maybe this is a paid ride to make a play for long term viability for the team...? Just thinking, but everyone always says how in control Cam has been of that side of his career.

16. :crackup:

17. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

track wagon, stk0308 and Ducti89 like this.
  18. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

crap, i cant even edit my post anymore. see what happens when i'm not awake yet?!

turbulence likes this.
  19. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Just saw interview with Joe Roberts about him leaving American Racing team next year. One of the reasons for leaving, he said, was to open a spot for another American to ride Moto2 next year...

track wagon likes this.
  20. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

It's too bad that with all the connections to Monster with certain people involved with American Racing that they can't come up with some type of sponsorship deal.