1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be a generic map but that have changed the road course layout some since the last GP due to issues with car races so possibly.

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I talked to a lady yesterday that said the map is up to date as to where we can sit with general admission tickets. Looks like lots of options still to me.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They're going the same direction as MotoGP did, the opposite direction of cars on the road course.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I heard everyone sits in turn 1 this weekend

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

This whole page is wrong, they're going in the opposite direction this weekend. And I believe everyone sits in E.

CRA_Fizzer and ducnut like this.
  6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

You are correct, this is from the MA website:

The massive facility will provide a spectator zone in the Turn 1 grandstands of the oval, offering strong sightlines of the road course. Fans will not be permitted into any section of the IMS infield, VIP areas or the MotoAmerica paddock, and all fan activities have been eliminated, including the Steve Nace-promoted flat track that was slated to take place in the IMS infield.

and in regards to food @ducnut : Motorcycle racing fans also will see a host of facility improvements at the Speedway during the event weekend, including more than 30 new LED video boards, refreshed concession stands and restrooms, and 5G wireless connectivity throughout the facility.

ducnut likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So all the video boards are visible from t1? :D

Seriously though, that is a generic statement but Penske has invested some cash in making things nicer.

ducnut likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That would be a policy change from Monday, when I called. I sure hope you’re right.

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'm headed out there shortly and will be in the pits all afternoon tomorrow and Saturday. If anyone needs anything, just ask.

henry_carlson and ducnut like this.
  10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

The above information about everything being in T1 sounds more credible than what I was saying. I just asked the girl that answered the main line if their seating chart was up to date and correct and she said yes. It looked different a few weeks ago so I figured they revised it.

This sucks.

ducnut likes this.
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

One good thing is they have electric for the RVs now. Dad just got setup a few minutes ago. I’ll be headed up soon.

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Uh-oh - red flag in Twins practice

and back green again - must not have been a big deal.

13. henry_carlson

Yea, no idea what happened . I asked my pops but he said they are just showing the front straight on the video boards and he cant see shit. Do you know?

14. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I'm in my office in NC between calls, so no idea

henry_carlson likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If these practice times are any indication, there are going to be a lot of twins riders going home without racing. No problem with overly full grid.
    In SS, RE is 2 seconds back. Must be sandbagging.:D

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

FWIW the restrictions for riders and crews are the strictest we've seen yet. Masks 24/7, including under your own tent with your own crew. Everyone must report daily to temperature checks and a new wristband. If you stay in the track, you have to go up to registration and be screened.

WTF Indiana?

JBall likes this.
  17. henry_carlson

Goodness thats something else, i also read that they were giving everyone a bottle of had sanitizer and masks upon entry!

18. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

As much as I wanted to go and hang out at the brickyard for this weekend... I am happy I decided to just stay hope and watch the action on tv.

CRA_Fizzer and RRP like this.
  19. henry_carlson

Glad to see Alex Dumas back out there

KneeDragger_c69 and younglion like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don't remember reading anything, was he injured?