1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soooo. A new race series has began

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Oct 4, 2020.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yes!!! He is delusional and believes that there are a huge number of racers that won't race WERA because Mongo is a big meanie. He may be right about Mongo:Poke:, but oh so wrong about any racers that are out there just waiting to race with him. In his mind, he is the savior of roadracing and there are huge numbers just waiting for him to let them on the track with his new organization.

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Participation trophies for EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Sounds swass. I can see myself trailering down from Seattle to get in on the action.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

2020 + 2020
    Mongo isn’t a big meanie, he just plays one here. And, while he’s a part of the equation, the real success of WERA is because of Miss Evelyne. The day she decides to sell WERA, I’m sure it will be to someone who has the same vision she’s had all these years. Not some low balling, social media head case.

Rising Sun likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

10th place contingency... maybe there can be another oRg that pays to 15th or 20th on the first of every month and twice in leap years. I hope this new oRg surreptitiously uses the term "pro" for every skill level

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

does anybody remember CCS South and Travis Marshall? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Gino230, Rising Sun and Ducti89 like this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Ah, that makes sense.

8. Maybe because all he grids are so full there is a need for some overflow capacity, no wait...

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Watch he makes it that WERA or CCS licenses do not transfer over either. He will have an "EXCLUSIVE" trackdaywinner race licensing school. LOL

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I seriously want it to work. Want it to make it. I hate anyone throwing money at something and failing. Even if I have ill will toward them. But as been said, sure there are 8 or 10 people out there that hate mongo and wera. Hell let's be real, I don't like mongo, but I have spoke with sean and enjoyed our short convo. (Yes I know it's the same person). I don't like some things wera does, but it's where I race. (Or did). But the fact remains, that those 8 or 10 will not keep a series alive.

Adding insult to that, are the tracks. I love riding NCM. Its a fantastic track day track. It's FAR from a racetrack. It can't even be put in a racetrack category.

Nola, is well Nola. There is a reason wera, and track day providers stopped going.

CMP, may be the only track, that draws a race crowd. I rode the track pre-repave. It wasn't the worse layout. But not the best. The new pavement was about 7 years late lol.

Sure some guys that race wera will go over and run that org. That's fine well and good. 50 entries will NOT keep a series afloat.

The only way he could take a huge chunk of wera would be 2 ways. Book Road A, Barber, Tally, Roebling or VIR and have a huge cash payout.

Maybe I'm wrong tho. Have been before.

11. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Just to be clear - I'm not doing this to hurt WERA or anyone else. Those that say those things don't even know me much less my intentions or motivations. I offered a more than fair price to buy WERA but they decided not to accept so I'm giving racing a shot. NCM will only be limited to smaller bikes and two 30 team max endurance races - no liter bikes there for sure. MTD raised several hundred thousand dollars which purchased plenty of soft barriers and air-fence at NCM to cover the tight spots and we will use a different configuration to slow things down in the really fast spots. NOLA is bumpy but there is a different conf there too that will take out two of the bumpy sections and still make it worthwhile to race. CMP will be the best track since it has new pavement, lots of runoff, very little ARMCO, and they are making a lot of paddock improvements too. I had set aside $400,000 to buy WERA - we can put on a good sprint and endurance series and give away decent prizes with that kind of money. I'm back with Dunlop so I can also make some $$ from tire sales to help offset any potential losses. There will be no gate or spectator fees and entry fees will be in line with other racing organizations. I'm all business and understand risk but at least I'm doing something to try and increase/expand the sport. I appreciate you not putting a jackboot on my neck over here and appreciate the well wishes too.

RRRepsolRider and wormracer08 like this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

@Dave K I hope they hire you to run their Beeb

13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

spicy...

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

How you still have access to this board is un fucking believable.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If there is any benefit maybe some of the safety benefits will bleed over at NCM. I would still be cautious of racing there, but when I was active Nashville was on my avoid list (though I kept weakening)

16. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t it be ‘has begun’? [emoji2373]

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Maybe you can start a 636 cup series :beer:

SpeedyE and 969 like this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

How/when is a rulebook gonna get to me?

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

grammar nazi.:D

Rising Sun likes this.
  20. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

That’s the only worthwhile thing to comment on here.

t11ravis and RRP like this.