1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

So much for Haas getting better each year like their competition has. I really don't think it's the drivers' fault.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Haas hasn't pulled the plug. That a huge amount of money to spend running around in last place.

rcarson15 likes this.
  3. rwdfun

rwdfun

Isn't the Ferrari engine down on power. That could be much of Haas problem which is leading to some cracks in the drivers. I liked Grosjean in the early years when he was calm about the teams growing pains and Gutierrez was being a primadonna but recently he's been wearing on me. I sorta like Magnussen. Seb ain't my favorite driver but I can't decide if I feel bad for a champ being treated by Ferrari like he is or if it's his just desert. I doubt he'd go anyways since that is a Ferrari based machine.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Yeah I think they could do with at least one new driver but they seem to have inherited Ferrari’s woes this season too. Vettel might be a threat in the racing point if their car stays strong but I can’t see anywhere else.

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

They are all whiny bitches, except Bottas and Kimi. For F1 Sake podcast had that theory that we feel the drivers now are a bunch of soft divas because we get to listen in to them bitch during the race, but if we heard radio from the Prost, Senna, Lauda, Hunt, or Stewart eras, we would probably think the same about them.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Magnussen is a warrior. He's already stated that he would gladly sacrifice his life for the sport. That guy is nutz.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I went to some car races back in the 70's where a friend of mine's father who was pretty good was competing. This was the championship that eventually morphed in the British Touring Car series so was a pretty high standard. I couldn't stand it, all the drivers seemed to spend their time whining about this, that and the other, it also seemed to attract a right bunch of dickheads as spectators too. Haven't been to a car race since 1977 because of it.

8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Yeah but he really needs to stop defending like his life is on the line when he's being lapped for the third time by the fifth placed driver.

Chino52405 likes this.
  9. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="DrA5, post: 5758854, member: 17869"For F1 Sake [/QUOTE]

The only podcast I listen to, I love those guys.

10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Roger Penske was seen yesterday giving the FIA president a tour of the track!
    It's not set yet, but F1 WILL be back at Indy, and I think pretty soon.

rd400racer and Yzasserina like this.
  13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Four more races added to schedule! Turkey, Bahrain 2X, Abu Dhabi night. Yay!

Razr likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Is David Ralf's son? It would be cool to see 2 Schumachers (cousins ?) in F1.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

One of the Bahrain races is using the outer loop. Predicting a 55 second lap time. Wonder how many times the Williams is going to be lapped.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think the FIA is already chiseling Hamilton's name on the champ trophy.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think they made two last year.