1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to help...

Discussion in 'General' started by Justin Nelson, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I appreciate the OP's desire to help (really) but I prefer to grid by points not by laptimes. I do race the whole season and chase the points and part of the appeal (and reward) is to get the best grid position. I also wouldn't want the 'fast Novices' mixed with Experts. There are certainly Novices that can run a fast lap but that doesn't mean they can stay consistent, controlled and smart through a whole race, or get good clean starts on the grid. I also suspect that creating a necessity to run a fast lap in practice (for qualifying) could raise the crash rate; instead of having the much needed opportunity to look over the track, make adjustments to the bike, and adapt to the conditions, riders would be under pressure to go as fast as possible.

Boman Forklift, FrancisA and sbk1198 like this.
  2. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

wow look at that a post that actually brought up really good points and things to think about when the people that could possibly do anything just mock the OP

turbulence and Hotfoot like this.
  3. Benmont

Benmont Well-Known Member

The expert bump made me quit racing. I can run with the front of novice but running last as an expert is no fun.

4. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

That’s like moving to A group getting your ass kicked and quitting...

...wat

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Who doesn't want to be the smartest kid on the short bus?

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Did you protest the bump? I can totally understand protesting it once but at some point you gotta move on to continue progressing and let the new amateurs have their podiums.

I moved to expert mid-season last year and really happy so far. Did you stick with it for awhile? It's pushed me to become a better rider/racer than I would have achieved staying in amateur.

7. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

whenever someone goes by me i try to figure out what they did and do it better... or just realize I wasn’t doing what I thought I was as well as I thought I was doing it... that’s all there is to it.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

The people that show up have the passion, you won’t catch them with marketing.

We were already looking for it.

It’s something we’ve all found and searched for, pushing for something that doesn’t change anything, but those few laps.

It is a selfish sport, enjoyed by few.

Gino230 and FrancisA like this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yes and no, I've always loved racing and had absolutely no idea I could start road racing until I stumbled on a forum while recovering from breaking my hands, I knew how to get started in car racing and dirt bikes but not road racing until that day. And I think that's pretty common with racing and trackdays, I answer questions from people on a daily basis that have absolutely no idea that they can take their motorcycle to a road course and race it until I give them the information.

turbulence and badmoon692008 like this.
  10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I remember when I was OP at one time. Then I realized nothing changes, it's the same cycle on repeat. WERA will ask for suggestions, suggestions get put out there, suggestions get shit on, nothing changes. Rinse, repeat.

Some of these replies are laughable, some have some decent merit to them even though I don't fully agree with them.

I don't know much, but I do know one thing. Not a fucking thing will change because of this thread. LOL

kruizen, TurboBlew and sbk1198 like this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This is a logical fallacy. Suck one dick, and one dick only, and see if you don't spend the rest of your life labelled as a cocksucker.

E Reed and HPPT like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Umm...I’ve never sucked a dick, and I’m regularly referred to as a cocksucker.

Not even that one time in college after too many cosmos and a handful of rolls. :D

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

In your case it's like an honorary degree, conferred to recognize a lifetime's body of work.

14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The photos of you with said cock in your mouth, on the night in question, have yet to surface. :rolleyes:

15. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

The only lie here is that you have a college education

16. pickled egg

As I have no political aspirations, they’re not likely to. I mean, if I had sucked a dick, and someone took pics, that is. :crackup:

17. pickled egg

Nowhere did I say I was a student...

18. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

[​IMG]

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

If you’ve never sucked a cock you could have ignored the post.
    NTTAWWT
    Just chalk it up to a drunken urge. Is that easier to swallow
    See what I did there :Poke:

20. pickled egg

Like Ron White, I had the right to remain silent...I lacked the ability. :D

TurboBlew and speedluvn like this.