1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dovi is the only one to best MM heads up these last 3 years.

who else has? Like straight up without MM having any issues?

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Petrux, Rins, Maverick all did in 2019.

badmoon692008 and jd41 like this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

How many wins did they get? How many did dovi get?

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Jedb

5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

That was quite the quick turnaround from "no one" to "they didn't get as many!!!" :crackup::Poke:

turbulence likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ducati says take a pay cut, Dovi says I want a raise or I sit out. Ducati says we'll talk to Raper face, Dovi says "go ahead, I still want a raise or I sit out".
    Ducati <ring ring> "Hello, Lorenzo, what'cha wearing?" Lorenzo "Maybe my old Ducati leathers in 2021." :crackup:

Quicktoy, Phl218 and badmoon692008 like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

You would pay $8mil for those results?

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If your paycheck is dependent upon beating Marquez, I would suggest developing a taste for ramen noodles.

Phl218 and younglion like this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

If I were Ducati then absolutely! there is nobody else remotely as comparable that can run up front. IMO of course.

10. Robby-Bobby

No, it wasnt. That was the first part of my baiting. Next would be, who else has been 2nd consistently in the standing?

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Did you skip over post #304? :Poke::)

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

But it’s not.

You sort of made my point. Why continue to pay a premium price for second?
    $8mil certainly doesn’t offer any value proposition for Ducati. $2-3Mil to another rider and a third or fourth would return just as good of not greater dividends.

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

MAMOLA. DUH :p

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rough math, Ducati paid Dovi $29739 per point in 2019. If you believe the salary rumors on Marc, they paid him $ 19047 per point. Suzuki paid Rins between $ 4878 to $ 9756 per point. Could break down the wins per dollar but Marc and Rins are bargains. No idea on Vindaloo's salary but I'd bet he's closer to Marc then Rins dollar per point.

Speculation on Rins salary but he seems to the best bang per buck in 2019.

Rossi? Who cares, he's a profit center for Yamaha.

badmoon692008 and rice r0cket like this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

No, that was my bait post because again, if I were looking for someone to run up front regularly, who knows how to beat MM (as rare as it is) then Dovi is literally the only logical choice. Yes,a few others have won races, but Dovi is the only one with the fortitude to still bring home constant podiums.

I don't necessarily want a guy that can win once in a blue moon, then get top 10's when I can have someone who can win and podium consistantly.

16. Jedb

Dovi is consistently second. Ducati have the ability to retain the 2nd best rider on the grid, as evidenced by the overall standings the past few years.
    What Ducati wants is the best rider, or to pay the 2nd best rider less.

I don't think that Ducati will pay what Dovi wants, subsequently he may be out (by his choice) for a season.
    Ducati has proven to be somewhat short sighted at times.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Because the premium price first place guy is fishing in Australia?

18. Jedb

He's not coming back. The fish are biting too well.

nd4spd likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ducati is supremely competent at mismanaging talent. Almost unrivaled, if you don't count Williams in F1. However, Dovizioso only has salary leverage if he can go to another constructor and finish second, thereby pushing whoever will be on the Ducati to third. And that's far from a guarantee, especially with Honda and Yamaha booked solid.

20. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Dovi had his chances and proved he can't get it done, so rather than have a predosa Ducati is looking elsewhere, they don't want 2nd they want a win. JLO to the rescue