1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to help...

Discussion in 'General' started by Justin Nelson, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Now that I can see

t11ravis likes this.
  2. Tristan

Just an FYI... in WERA/N2 Endurance grids are determined by practice times and novices and experts can race together (and scored the same). Just a couple of the many reasons endurance is awesome...

pjzocc, Waterboy, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  3. Justin Nelson

Justin Nelson Member

A meaningful contribution to the thread...where is the applause emoji?

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

5. Tristan

I think most agree some social media presence would be good, but I bet the big issue is WERA having to monitor content- wouldn't be wise to let someone using the WERA name without some oversight.

6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Damn right!

Waterboy likes this.
  7. Justin Nelson

Justin Nelson Member

Absolutely! You are 100% right. It has to be someone you trust, but it has to happen. How many connections, friends, tags, likes...blah blah blah would WERA get? TONS! Exposure leads to sponsorship and money. Fact.

Let's talk about how we CAN make it happen.

turbulence likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Recruit a new racer.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I did not say that all suggestions are rejected all the time. Even the double bubble finally made it. I meant that you would know why a lot of those suggestions that come up every year don't have a shot. It's not because they're all bad.

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Let’s cut to the chase here, we all know it is Mongo’s unrelenting assault on road racing in the US. :D

evakat likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You and Justin are on your own here. Good luck. :D

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you feeling well? It's not like you to pass on a stellar opportunity to stir the pot.

speedluvn likes this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nobody's giving you grief, it's simply that those of us that have been around here for an eternity hear this every year from the new guys, so it brings a chuckle.

Now, to get serious. My wife is a high level marketing executive with a major corporation. Utilizing every trend available to sell a product is what she does, and she's damn good at it. And guess what has been found? That all this social media stuff that "experts" claim drive sales don't do shit. Oh, everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon but in the real world it doesn't create much of a dent. Most people would probably be surprised at what a small effect advertising actually accomplishes.

sbk1198 likes this.
  14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Lol I literally just did a couple of hours ago talking to a couple of friends. I'm not going to race at NJMP at the end of July because I want to go to VIR instead for a track day. So there, now you've heard one lol

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Suggestions are a self-stirring pot. No outside input needed.

R Acree likes this.
  16. pickled egg

Well, it accomplishes increased prices, underwater basket weaver degree holder employment, broken buttons on radios from the fourth 1-800-Jalopies-4-Jews that’s played in the last half hour, abject cynicism from the “unplugged” crowd...

Did I miss any of the bullet points? Wait, can we say bullet points? Seems like an unwoke term anymore...

rd400racer likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now THAT'S stirring the pot.

rd400racer likes this.
  18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I stand in awe over a master stirrer.

rd400racer likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Can we still say master?

Phl218 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

I’ll bullet point the question and bring it to the committee.