1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Chatter is that HRC is looking to move AM into Cal's spot at LCR - probably to try and keep big brother happy as well.

jd41 likes this.
  2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This right here. I thought landing in Repsol Honda with his brother was going to vastly shorten his career. Repsol Honda is the best team in the paddock, and Alex Marquez is a fine rider but he’ll never be at Marc’s level. I’d rather have seen him at an entirely different factory but I think being away from the Repsol pressure cooker will do him good. Honda have done him a favor.

I think if Alex Marquez gets some time to mature emotionally and mentally, he’ll be able to get out from his brother’s shadow in his own mind at least. Being at Repsol would prevent all of that.

If he keeps his head in the game he’ll end up being a very good MotoGP rider, not a Marc but he could be a Dovi. It took Dovi damned near a decade to show he was a contender.

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

They’re assholes. I bought a year subscription after having a month subscription, reasonably thinking that the year would override the month. I still got charged for the monthly and the fucking pricks refused to refund it. I refused to buy a video pass for at least 2-3 years after that.

I really wanted them to sign Pol for 2020 and not Alex. Looks like they felt the same way!

Alex is probably pissed and it is pretty damned unfair, but racing is a business. Pol will ride the fuck out of that RCV and be at the pointy end right away.

Now Honda also has a ready alternative to Marc that’s not beholden to Marc in any way, so they have leverage and a backup plan.

It’s a dick move, but I’d have done the same thing were I in Puig’s little shoes.

I highly doubt Dovi will go to KTM. Why would he? Piles of cash are good, but I think at this point Dovi is riding to prove himself and get that ‘ship. Ducati offers him a realistic if not high chance of doing that. KTM would just be a money move, I think he’d rather just retire than do that.

Dovi can retire comfortably I’m sure and never have to work again, it’s not like he absolutely needs KTM money bags to see him through the next 50 years of his life. I think there’s a chance that he’ll end up with KTM but not very likely.

The most likely scenario is that KTM moves up Oliveira so that they at least have 1 guy who’s experienced on the bike in the works team.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Trainwreck likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He had four years to do it. I think that window is now closed. I say go to KTM and upgrade that retirement package. Why drive a Lamborghini in your retirement years when you could drive a Pagani? :D

The Great One likes this.
  5. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Bradley Smith signed with Ape.

Petrucci signed with KTM for Pol’s spot.

nd4spd and Senna like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Glad to see Petrux staying in MotoGP.

Seiko, redtailracing, pscook and 2 others like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, Tech 3, not factory. I didn't even think of that as a possibility.

Happy for Oliveira.

rcarson15 likes this.
  8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

9. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the lines of contract negotiations, as three weeks should be enough to get up to strength for the first race.

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Wrong, 7 years go he broke it on Thursday and raced on Saturday...

Knotcher likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Didn’t Colin do the same thing?

13. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

He broke his clavicle at the Catalan GP, had it plated and raced Silverstone the following weekend in the rain and got on the podium.

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

That’s what it was. He wanted to race the next day but they wouldn’t let him.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I vaguely recall him even doing push-ups to show them he could do it but they wouldn't let him. Unless I'm confusing with someone else.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Crutchlow was made to hop across a room a week after breaking his leg or ankle before they'd let him ride.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Broke it Friday at the Catalan gp but didn’t race. Them raced at silver stone
    After which he called those that finished after a bunch of pussies in a live interview

sheepofblue and scottn like this.
  18. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

He also said he would do Lucy, Crashlow's wife. Classic!
    Probably a repost, but I threw it in the Youtube thread.

Yzasserina, YamahaRick and bigtime like this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

He also explained that he was able to do it because he " is a hard M*therf*cker."

bigtime and SGVRider like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

^^^ this stuff is legendary.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020