MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

600 riders don't like getting there feeling hurt by Dwery, Mesa, Silva, McLean etc... they are everyday competition in ccs so nobody on a 600 is going to beat them.

GarrettRick likes this.
  2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Richie was 2s off Mesa at RAm (a horsepower track).

There were several instances where the 600s were faster or equally as fast as the Stock 1000cc bikes last year. For example the fast 600s were in the 1.22s at NJMP vs 1:23s for the Stock1000 bikes.

Mesa is awesomely talented so no disrespect to him. My point is I’m tired of the bitching about MA and if these guys think they have what it takes, then they should enter a round when it comes nearby and add “real superbikes” to the grid.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    5axis and cav115 like this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Damn, he hasnt been on IG since the races. Really hope he isnt too hard on himself

4. Hoffman900

He did that to Dallas Daniels a few times last year.

I’m glad to see he has some competition this year. It’ll help him too.

drop, Senna and henry_carlson like this.
  5. Hoffman900

Keep in mind the bikes are still accelerating through the trap. Actual terminal speed is ~10mph higher than the trap speed.

That said, he’s still down at least 10mph from a Stock 1000 bike.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Not sure if he came in thinking he is unbeatable or what. It was the Rocco show last year. Glad someone else is winning.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Im happy for team Kawi.
    Good to see 3 different brands doing well on 600s, not just a R6 cup anymore.

So happy racing is back, wish superbike was a little more competitive for the lead but good nonetheless.

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I have only been around the kid for a few minutes when he'd stop by to talk to Draik at Barber last year so I don't really know what his personality is like off camera. Regardless of whether he's big headed or not, that would be a tough way to start the season, whether you swept every race the year before or were hunting for your first ever win. Coming that close to a win 4 times in a row is heartbreaking. I almost would've rather lost every race by 10 seconds. But I absolutely agree about the competition for him. Races like this weekend will just help him continue to improve.

9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So great to watch racing again!

Surprised how off pace Tony was.

And the Yamahas look faster top speed!

10. Hoffman900

He didn’t really look like puberty had hit for him yet last year and he was a lot smaller / lighter than everyone. His frame filled out this year which might have leveled the playing field a bit.

Dallas had like a full foot on him last year at least 25lbs. Probably matters a lot on those small bikes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  11. henry_carlson

Haha yea he seems like he grew a foot over the off season !

12. Hoffman900

It seems silly talking about the size of a rider, but unlike car racing, they don’t weigh the bikes with the rider and it also has aero implications as well, so it matters for sure, especially on the small bikes.

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

With all the bullshit that Suzuki Corporate put their partners through this fall and winter, I am not surprised with M4's results. As a couple have mentioned, you'd be stupid to think M4 hadn't been testing. I bet Toni will get better as the year goes on. It will be fun to see how they run at the end of the month at the same facility.

On the other side, we all know Stanboli brings rockets to each round and when you have a pilot like Cam...lock and loaded! I am really excited to see Gagne get up to speed on his R1. I hope that Herrin can develop the BMW as well. Even though we do not have the old days where talent matched the number of Superbikes on the grid, I was pleased to see some great racing. Maybe I'm wrong but I do think we have some exciting talent to send overseas if they get the opportunity to succeed.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Completely washed up. Probably deciding if it's worth continuing in the sport.

15. henry_carlson

I sure hope we get to go at the end of the month
    Hahah that would be something!

16. henry_carlson

I think last years close racing really tainted my view of how competitive this season could have been. We lost 2 front runners in JD & Gerloff and while Herrin is still here, lets be honest, he got lucky this weekend. That with hoping someone like Andrew Lee would be making the jump to Superbike, losing some bikes with the factory shuffle and having Cam just smoke the field (and poised to do it again in three weeks) kinda bums me out. IK its only week 1 but still

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I liked his job overall but was chuckling when he was tossed the softball on chatter. It did not occur to him to explain what it was as I think was the intent. I figure it didn't occur to him a decent portion of the audience does not know. Still overall a good job.

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Someone definitely needs to inspect Doyle's bike cuz Rocco couldn't even get by him in the draft even when he'd roll through that last turn a bit quicker. Doyle's definitely a fast dude, but that bike was noticeably quicker than Rocco's and everyone else's. This year they have even more restrictions (no thin head gasket and can't change the ignition timing I believe). So those bikes should be pretty damn even.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is the size difference between Doyle and Rocco?

20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Cam is flying indeed, but I think other guys will close the gap, some of the teams didnt have any data with their riders/bikes combo.
    3 weeks from now the playing field will be more even