1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Dealer Hijinks

Discussion in 'General' started by Resident Plarp, May 22, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Smooshing snake, pressing pickle, squishing squid, call it what you want but it's effective and funny.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Your German quirks are showing through....

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Send the sales twat this link:

https://www.upcounsel.com/contract-law-michigan

Wouldn’t hurt to send it to his mangler as well, for shits and grins.

Though sure would be a shame if a shady douchewhistle got his ass canned on the big Memorial Day distance sales weekend. :D

Phl218 and StaccatoFan like this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

something tells me this guys been doing some serious legal research. Maybe he should just take the BAR exam. :)

I’d get my $1k back and find another car to replace that Q7.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

In a nutshell, you have to ask yourself if the price being well below market is worth you buying from them. I don't get my feelings hurt in business, so my answer may not be the same as yours. Also, from someone on the dealer side, I'd never allow $1000 to hold a car for 10 days or whatever that number is in this case. A day or two I have no problem with that small of an amount. But if they told you they would, they should honor it. Only you know the right answer in this situation.

Kolbe, alan and VFR#52 like this.
  6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

As someone on the other side of the sales process, I get stuck in this type of quagmire all the time. You said you didn't call back when you said you would, etc. He said he would hold it, but the terms were not on a contract like they should have been. Nobody is any more right or wrong than the other. Buy it or don't buy it, life goes on for both of you. No need to make it extra personal.

alan likes this.
  7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No doubt, my miff was on not returning the call later in the day, but when we spoke first thing the next morning, all was well, he took the $1k deposit and we agreed for a 30 May delivery. I understand the business side of things, they've got a floor plan &etc., to look after. Had he said it would take 10k up front, or "because you didn't call me back yesterday, it'll be $10k to secure the car ... " fine, I'd probably have wired it over.

As it were, perhaps a blessing in disguise - the wife doesn't really need that size of a car until (school starts?) in August. I figure cars are going to get a bit cheaper as the summer runs on and more people find themselves without work.

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Have you seen the car in person? Would suck to go through all this crap only to find out the car has more knicks and dings than you expected.

MotoGP69 and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Tell them good luck selling it and take your deposit back. If its still there when you are actually ready to buy, then buy it.
    Most dealers floor cars. Meaning the bank pays for it and holds title. You basically pay rent on that title for a few months. After whatever time period they give you [say 3 months] you have to pay the car off and take delivery of title. That's why dealers like to sell old vehicles cheap, they are now fully invested and want that spare cash back for whatever....

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

That’s not a very accurate description of how any floorplan works that I’ve used.

ducnut likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Eh, twats or not, I'd get my car. You'll be giving them the 10k anyway, so who gives a shit in the end.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I would do, if a deal is what your looking for it’s best to do Buisness when your ready to complete the transaction. If I can’t pay cash for it I don’t buy it. I guess this is why I don’t drive a Audi. Lol but I can say I love my old toyotas.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive heard from folks that have traded vehicles in with an existing lien... they would be getting threatening letters from the previous lender for missing multiple payments while the dealer that it was traded to drug their feet doing any paperwork to until they get a buyer... which could be months.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If the car doesn't sell by next week, offer them an offer lower than the price you've agreed upon to this point.

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I would buy 2 buddies lunch to have them go in there at different times with even lower offers then yours.

Then go back 2 days later like the champ.

RichB likes this.
  16. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

No way would I put $10k down on a used vehicle I haven’t seen or driven.

Gixxerguy855 and YamahaRick like this.
  17. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

Post the listing and have us all call with stupid low offers.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Run as fast as you can.....

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Get the money back and go look for something other than a German Yugo.

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

1080px-Trabant_1.1_30.06.19_JM_1.jpg