1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB650F

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:crackup:

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

"holy crap i don't ever want to be that guy or his kids."

Well, you'd be wrong. I take my kid everywhere and show him as much of the world as I can. I volunteer for his school field trips, Monster trucks, concerts (Rock and Symphony), volunteer at his field days, sign him up for sports, Ravens season tickets, and...whatever he wants to try. Maybe I'm a little too far to one extreme, but he's a GREAT kid, he's smart, polite, well behaved, he doesn't take it for granted, so he deserves it.

His Mom.....she hates taking him to practices or anything she deems an inconvenience because there's nothing in it for her. She comes to his games and is on the phone the whole time wishing she wasn't there. She's never come to watch him race and I've offered to pay for her hotel room so she could see him race at NJMINIGP. "I have other plans", is what I get.
    We live 10 minutes apart, and DMVMiniGP is 20 minutes from our houses...still won't come to watch him and even fake that she's proud of him or enjoys his interests.

He's a month from 10, and I see how this is playing out now and 10 years from now. He tries to hide it, but I see it.

Yeah..I do my own thing on occasion on his weekends with his Mom...but a BIG trip is resources I can expend showing him a new adventure.

There will be time for my own adventures later. I'll see if he wants to come along. He will have his own life by then, and if he cannot make it...I'll miss him.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m naive, but if we were in the same area I would loan her my Buell Ulysses adventure bike. It’s an ugly bike that was down before I got it, so unless you really screwed up not much could go wrong.

I’m married so I’m not trying to make a move, besides it would force me to get it running again. I’m thinking clogged injector as I charged the battery the other day and it spins but no start.

Gino230 and G 97 like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

;)

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I wasn't inferring that YOU were captain save a ho Rob...Your generosity here is well documented and I didn't think for a second there's anything behind it other than good intentions.

If I had a road ready bike I'd do the same for a friend too. Once they lift the boat launch restrictions here I'm giving one of my boats to a buddy so he can take his daughter out fishing to ease some of the insanity.

tl1098 and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Ah, there we have it. Projecting your issues. Nice.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I call him St. Jesus of the BBS. People like him and DanTheMan's cousin Stan (this is not a comprehensive list) make me question my worth as a human being. :D

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

[​IMG]

svracer22 and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So is this thread about motorcycle suggestions or parenting advice ? I'm so confused...

ducnut likes this.
  10. StaccatoFan

Not quite....but I do enjoy the tag. "menknowbest"....hey women want equality....with me..they get it. Just because you have a vag sure as hell doesn't mean you're a better parent.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yes.

12. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

What the hell do German cars have anything to do with this?? :D

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Just as unnecessarily complicated?

cha0s#242 and jrsamples like this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Well, you don't set the bar particularly high:D

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

This one is going to leave a mark. Good thing it's not on a kid.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's better than velcro for attaching them to a wall.

18. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Did you know that this thread is not about you or your kid? I find it difficult to believe that you can come on here and criticize somebody else for a vacation choice that they are planning for 3 years in the future to make it be about how you parent your kid. It takes a pretty narcissistic perspective to make sure that we all know what a great dad you are at the expense of another parent about whom you know next to nothing. Apparently, from reading and comprehending what she has posted in this thread, she is not a single mom, as you alleged, she is a divorced parent with shared custody of her children and consults with their father about what is best for their children. Perhaps you should take a step back, consider what an asshole you have been and apologize for overstepping your bounds .
    I can save you reading all this and sum it up for you in a couple of words. You Suck!!!

Your pal,
    Ken

19. StaccatoFan

Thanks Ken! If you're divorced and have a walked a mile in those shoes.....I'll care.
    If not....well, don't speak of something you haven't experienced.

I'm advocating for her and her kids. Use the time now because it's so important when they're young. The anecdotes are just for illustrative purposes.

Your friend

Darrin

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Thanks for clearing that up. :crackup: