1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bald Eagles everywhere

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

You guys need to watch the Decorah Eagle cam

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

i was hooked on that for awhile. Very cool.

Ride safe,
    AAron

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

We have a pair that has been working the local creek. Don't know where they are nested but it can't be too far away. The local state park, Ricketts Glen, is probably where they are as it is protected though the truth is most of my area is pretty "remote". Since fishing season has been screwed up by the corona I figure the eagles are having a blast. The stocked trout are pretty dumb. :p

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Here's the weird shit I walked out on yesterday. It rained off and on all day and then around 6pm got nice. I come outside and see these three turkey vultures just sitting like this. They stayed this way for almost 20 minutes. I've never seen them do this. It was kind of freaky.

[​IMG]

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, that is weird, wonder what the reason was, there had to be one.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was expecting Damien to knock on my front door at any moment:D

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Sevierville TN is full of them. As is the smoky mountains.

There is a nest about a mile from my house. I'll grab a pic in a day or so.

I know Dollywood in Sevierville has a bald eagle rehabilitation center and breeding cages. They once old enough release them.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Spitballing here: Crows in the area? Maybe trying to scare the crows off?

Or maybe they are looking to hump some chick vulture and they are showing off their formal wear?

Someone on the BBS has to know.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well... I just saw Don Henley just a couple weeks ago & he's still got a full head of hair. o_O

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

don henley must die.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

:stupid:

[​IMG]

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Drying themselves.

Banditracer likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

We have a bunch of eagles around here. I think there are at least 8 in the neighborhood. They sit in our pine trees a lot. I have to make sure they aren't around before our little dog goes out. at 18lbs, she is snack sized for an adult bald eagle. I see them pretty much all day, every day.

Funkm05 likes this.
  14. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

We were in Cadillac Michigan last May and were amazed at the number of Turkeys, and to a lesser extent pheasants. The predators have also returned. Mountain lion on my nieces property (she got photos) which adjusted the kids “outside” schedule ...

15. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

Lots of Eagles around where I live. They show up in huge numbers when Salmon leave the ocean to spawn in the rivers. At the mouth of the main river (where it meets the ocean), there will be an Eagle in almost every tree on the river bank.

In 1994 there were 3769 Eagles counted in the immediate area, the yearly average is 1300.

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Exactly. They are either drying themselves and/or regulating body temperature. Just depends on the type bird and why they do it.

Ride safe,
    AAron

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Used to see them in FL all the time til it got boring. Big fkn bird.

Osprey are way cooler. Should have made that one the mascot instead.

18. Black46

Black46 Well-Known Member

We live about 5mi from Caesar's Creek and saw one just off our road, in the cornfield last winter. Must have been eating some road kill. There's also a nest just north of Symmes Rd on the west side of bypass 4 that you can see from the road.

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I thought this thread was going to be about Cleetus. Hell yeah brother.

ChemGuy and Steeltoe like this.
  20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i had to help catch an injured bald eagle when i was at sleepover camp one year as a kid. his wing was broken and he was in one of the open fields. guess who gets EXTRA pissed off when he's hurt and vulnerable and thinks you're cornering him? the talons and that fucker, geezus. luckily we threw a blanket over him and then the animal rescue people came and took him to a sanctuary for rehab. was kinda cool. the amount of them in Alaska made them less special kinda haha, not really, but they're everywhere. Golden Eagle was much bigger and impressive and harder to come by.

i mostly see hawks here all over, and owls here and there. we hear owls in our neighborhood at night sometimes, but you never see them. i see them every once in a blue moon while mountain biking, but they're way more elusive than anything else, super cool animals.