1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

How much for the Marlin?

2. Not just "have", I still play with them. :D

nigel smith and fastfreddie like this.
  3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Let me see what I have into it and I’ll PM you to discuss , its a 1894 Cowboy 357/38 I picked from Jim Finch aka Long Hunter in Texas. It’s been slicked up for action shooting and runs great. It’s probably has fewer than 400 rounds through it. 1894 marlins are stout, anything from 38’s to .357 underwood is fine by a 1894.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You missed out on the G.I.Joes...best toys ever, and I ain't talkin' about the ones with the KungFu grip.

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Nothing much mattered after the introduction of the kung-fu grip.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Can someone recommend some tacticool cargo shorts that can hold all this without obvious printing?

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.
  7. Sabre699

I love my A-salt rifle !! :D

8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

trying to find a local shop that will thread my 44 mag lever rifle for a can.

Not mine but the same rifle. The stroke of the Ruger 96 rifles has to be felt to be understood. Now I want a 96/22 to do the same thing with...

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Anyone here own a Rossi lever action?[​IMG]

10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Very true, I agree. Firearm safety should be top priority for anyone that's even considering touching one. But just how everyone that handles a firearm should get a lesson on safety, I feel some people also need a lesson on physics and mechanics, because saying that a weapon is ready to fire when it's empty and disassembled is just simply wrong, impossible and not sure if it's laughable or just a "WTF" moment :rolleyes:

11. sbk1198

Ohhhh I was thinking of the same think as Jed. Didn't realize there is an actual indicator on some guns. Yeah mine doesn't have that either, I was just talking about the slot on the slide that allows you to see a piece of the brass if it's chambered.

In that case....yeah fuck indicators (whatever they are) :p:crackup:

12. sbk1198

I'm mostly interested in accuracy, clarity of glass, clarity of the LED displays when it's bright out, and as long as it ranges at a rate of 2-3x per sec at least that's good enough. I don't hunt so i'll mostly be using it for steel plates or paper targets.

13. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

You sure it will be that quick?

I heard a congressman call in to Gun Talk and said he waited for a can to get approved for 14 months. Pissed him off and called on ATF to explain what they need to do their jobs in a reasonable time (90 days).

Photo likes this.
  14. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

Yeah! After seeing Garand Thumb review one I realized that I definitely need one.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. sbk1198

Most people that have purchased NFA items in the last couple years said 9-10 months was the wait. I just got my Form 1 back after 20 days and it was not approved. Pissed me off but it's mainly my fault. Misread something and thought I didn't have to fill out the CLEO section. At least they're refunding me the money but pissed I wasted 3 weeks and now I have to do it all over again. I really don't understand why suppressors are even under the Class 3 NFA weapons o_O

16. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Thanks a fucking lot. Now I'm gonna have to drive the 50 min to Midwest Industries to get one. You asshole.:clap::crackup::D

My credit cards HATE me every time I go there. :D Its bad when you know the owners by first names. :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Listen fuckface, you've proven yourself to be a first class dumbass, so maybe instead of lipping off, you should pull your head out of your ass and and use it for something besides a hat rack.

noles19 likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Those sound like good parameters. Let me know what fits that bill and if Euro- has 'em I'll check 'em out.
    They're closed Monday and Tuesday...if I don't go this weekend, it'll be this coming Wednesday.

sbk1198 likes this.
  19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Thank prohibition and the ensuing gang crime wave.

There was a firearm hearing protection proposal that would have made them easier to purchase. I'm not sure what happened with that. Some countries in Europe, ironically enough, allow and encourage their use, especially at the range.

sbk1198 likes this.
  20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So... :Poke: