1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

He can’t. His weapon’s chambered round indicator is broken and he doesn’t know how to proceed.

pickled egg likes this.
  2. speedluvn

Give it to him good!

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Picked up my M+P9 last night, much better experience at Vance Outdoors than the shitshow at Rural King. In and out in under an hour, tons of stock- pallets of ammo all over the place (albeit not the cheapest I've seen), huge, clean, organized store. The package deal was nice- what I thought was a plastic case is actually a very heavy metal lockable case. I know I'm an idiot for not handling some guns before deciding on one (it is a challenge right now), but it worked out- the M+P is truly a Goldilocks fit for me. Don't know if I'd wanna CC something quite that big though.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Chambered round indicator was more of a legislative device than actual usefulness. Like the stupid action lock S&W and Springfield added because they chose to headquarter in a certain place.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I consider the small slot on the side of a Glock or 1911 where you can see brass as the indicator. Are you guys talking about something else?

6. Yep. Some have a small (intentional) hole where you can look down and see. Then others have an actual indicator that pops up/out when a round is chambered.

K51000 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you don't have a lever gun you need to give us a good reason why you don't.

8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Well, that some genius shit right there. You're a descendant of Sherlock, right?

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

He needs a Canebrake with suppressor.

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

And, as new to Firearms as I am,
    you're spouting firearm handling 101.
    Obvious stuff that even before I had bought and had a gun, I knew these things.
    Yes, agreed.

11. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

My CCW card came in the snail mail yesterday.
    Less than a 6 day turn-around after the online application/payment.

Carried to work this morning in my truck legally.
    Had to leave it there due to my workplace with the 'no firearm' signs on the door though.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That goes for all of ya not just gixxer. Everyone gun owner should have a lever gun!

13. FTFY :D

14. speedluvn

So you left it unsecure in your car? Curious, what state?

noles19 likes this.
  15. You should only be allowed to have a lever gun if you can cock it by rolling the whole gun around in one hand the way the Terminator does it. :D

16. speedluvn

Sell us on the idea of why?

17. speedluvn

:rolleyes: You know he didn't start that
    [​IMG]

DaveB and K51000 like this.
  18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Junior lemme show you something :D

[​IMG]

scottn, Yzasserina and K51000 like this.
  19. speedluvn

[​IMG]

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that was before color existed in the world. So it doesn't count.

Steeltoe and Gorilla George like this.