1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F*ck Epson

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Apr 16, 2020.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Even though its illegal, EPSON has now bricked my printer unless I use only EPSON ink, no third party, HP and Lexmark have also been tagged for this many times over the years. EPSON's latest deletes the previous firmware so you cant downgrade.

Anyone know who does not do this? Gotta get a new printer to replace this boat anchor. I just need it to be wifi, and to be able to copy.

Thoughts, cannon, brother?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I gave up on color printers years ago and just send my color printing to Costco as needed. Went with a multifunction Brother B&W laser printer about 4 years ago and couldn't be happier.

_indy, Hotfoot and pickled egg like this.
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Havent used a printer in years. We have HP in our office, never seems to work right when people need it to.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’m with @motion.

Been using Brother lasers for years. No way in hell would I buy an ink jet.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I had an HP and then a Brother and now I just picked up an Epson. I actually like it because it has the Ecotank ink. I do like the way you fill the tank with a ink bottle rather than popping out and in cartridges that get all screwy. Ink also seems to last longer.

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Can't you take the epson cartridges to Costco and get them refilled?

7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

You bought an Epson, that’s kind of like moving your car where the tree service wanted it, not where you knew it was safe from the tree service...

TurboBlew, scottn, Sabre699 and 3 others like this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

BAZINGA!!!!!!

scottn likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

upload_2020-4-16_17-2-25.png

@In Your Corner

Phl218 likes this.
  10. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

They have blocked that now too with new update.

11. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I print maybe 100 pages a year, 50 photos, scan maybe 30 documents, no need to spend $$$, when 200 will do, looking to replace for 150 with 8 year old capabilities. ing

Everything else I do and print/scan/copy is work related and I do at work on the industrial xerox machines the gov buys.

12. lizard84

Ok! Here's the deal, if you're going to insist on buying an inkjet (nothing wrong with that) you never buy an inkjet printer based on price, you buy it based on ink efficiency. Search that. Personally I use a HP 8600 plus at home and I have one in my office for quick and low volume shit I can pull out from my chair, bigger volume & legal goes to the network Dex unit. The Hp sips ink. YRMV

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

14. lizard84

15. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Me too, got sick to death of fooling around with inkjet anything so I got a Brother b&w laser printer and I'm SO much happier. More expensive up front but faster and the cartridge lasts a LONG time.

16. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

I also have a B&W laser printer. Each toner cartridge lasts years.

17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Had two ink jets, no HP for me.

18. lizard84

Who’s posting & bitching about ink here? The owner of an Epson.

Contabajo likes this.
  19. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Should have clarified, two HP inkjet brand printers, both mechanically failed on me. Had a cheap 60 cannon that did its BW job through college. One killer photo eccentric HP, and now an Epson that wont let me print.

Fuck it Ill get two years out of the thing and would pay that in new ink how much I print.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have an Epson wide format (11x17) I use for home plans. No complaints. Had an HP same format before that one. Both work fine with non brand cartridges.