Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Sorry mate! I have a job and shit. Keeps me outta trouble here.

Meanwhile, this just in from PRNK Ministry of Statistics:
    2A4A15CB-F4EF-4C94-9C67-F2EF80CDD03A.jpeg

cav115 and 5axis like this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

I am all irritated all day despite getting the honeypot twice a day

Plus a I have a big yard and a barn. Don’t know how people in apartments with more kids can handle that shit. Now imagine internet and tv went out

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

My kids would die. Literally die. And neither me nor the ol lady would care because they're getting on our Gotdamn nerves. As far as we're concerned all kids can EAD and DIAF.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'ma show you a picture of what that'll cause... o_O

Phl218 likes this.
  5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Do you have the time to listen to me whine
    About nothing and everything all at once
    I am one of those
    Melodramatic fools
    Neurotic to the bone
    No doubt about it
    Sometimes I give myself the creeps
    Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
    It all keeps adding up
    I think I'm cracking up
    Am I just paranoid?

Ya'll know the rest

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

and we are only at day 5

by day 39 I will become an expert for silicone molded cavities

jrsamples likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do have to say I'm glad Evelyne and I have spent pretty much every day of the last 29 years together. Otherwise this would go back quickly :crackup:

Repeater likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In retrospect.....the title of this thread seems like a strange irony considering our current situation in the world. I wonder how many new divorces will be the result of this epidemic we find ourselves in?

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! You’re such a big sweet TeddyBear Mongo!

10. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Wife told my daughter today she doesn't know why everyone thinks she is smart. I lost my shit kicked her out of my kids room (no violence) and just hugged my 6 year old. She hates me and is taking it out on our kids. My girl asked me why I asked mama what kind of woman says that? I don't want a divorce, but I'm hitting the fucking wall. I can handle the abuse but my kid is 6 and reads! When I was six I think I was still eating paste. I'm no angel I haven't been the best husband. Shit racing a bike at 44 is dumb, but I needed the escape. Just wish my kids could come to the track with me.

Night fellas drowning in self doubt. Stupid clock can't be turned back.

sanee and AC1108 like this.
  11. StaccatoFan

Yet ANOTHER Mother of the Year!!!!

But in court....you have a penis....so you're wrong.

Cannot wait for the day that changes.

#DadsLivesMatter

jrsamples and Repeater like this.
  12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I guess i can finally write my story. Live in Canada, we were engaged but not married, together 9.5 years. So basically common law.

I just wrote a separation agreement agreeing to pay her 150k CAD for her portion of the house....a house she didnt once pay a mortgage payment on. Yes she put down 13k downpayment, while i have paid 200k over the last 8 years. Doesnt matter....she gets half. Accelerated payment plan by me? Doesnt matter, she gets half of equity.
    She is entitled to alimony for 9 years, but part of me paying her out was the stipulation of no support past this point. My lawyer is telling me i should be thankful there was no claim of abuse. That things could have gone much, MUCH worse for me. Somehow being dragged 10 years backwards in your financial situation is an awesome outcome!

She dragged it out for two years. Mentally this has weighed on me this entire time, for the longest time i didnt even know if i'd get to keep the house or not. That sort of limbo weighs on you, not knowing whether to improve the house and pour money into something she would get 50% of the value from...

anywho, thankfully no kids and i get to cut any and all ties from her. Last thing is she gets to take her things...yes, her fucking clothes are still in the house, as well as her motorcycle. Irony is that she claimed 2 years of potential property income from "her" half of the house, and yet all he shit was still here...She tried every dirty trick in the book to raise the value of the payout.
    For someone who would text me how she has anxiety and wants this done ASAP, it always took her weeks for her end of the next step.
    Sign the agreement? TWO FUCKING WEEKS! Meanwhile, my mortgage agents sweating bullets on the mortgage agreement she had lined up. Had i gotten laid off in the last few weeks id have been FUBARED.

No one tells you this shit going in, or to protect yourself....if you try to think logically its all "WTF? How can you even consider breaking up? Dont you think you'll make it? That sort of mentality is what leads to divorce...." and now people are coming out of the wood work with the "why didnt you write a cohabitation agreement? you should have protected yourself..."

This may sound jaded, but i honestly dont see myself living with a woman, or putting myself in a financial exposed position like that ever again. Marriage? L. O. L.....never!

OldSchlPunk, StaccatoFan and spoon32 like this.
  13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

How’s that molding technology coming along?

14. StaccatoFan

@Rebel635 Once bitten, twice shy, Brother.

It's a speed bump in life. Consider it the cost of doing business for a decade and a VERY expensive lesson learned.

The silver lining for you in this, is that once the check is passed into her greedy, grimy hand, it's over. You have no ties, and you
    never have to see her again. I'd consider that a win.

Quite often in situations like that, when things are finalized, they're all about "One last hug" or some other pseudo sentimental token of
    affection for "closure" because Ellen and Oprah said it's good to have "Closure". Because.....Feelings and shit.

Boman Forklift and Metalhead like this.
  15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Wow, I guess I didn't realize you could get that fucked over common law bullshit "marriage". Yeah, in your case I wouldn't be allowing anyone to move in full time again.

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I know 3 guys that have had to cut big cheques like that in very similar situations, and they all say looking back it was the best money they'd ever spent. It's been about 10 years give or take a few and all but one of them has found "love" again, but with partners* that actually compliment and add to a relationship instead of being a parasitic drain. The other guy has repeated the same mistakes again a few more times.

*Both the new partners were previously the ones who also got fucked over in their divorces, so maybe something to look for moving forward.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The two of them turned gay?

StaccatoFan and 5axis like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

When I still hear things like this it does give me concern. I really hope that most dudes out there aren't this in the dark about things of this nature. A couple of decades ago perhaps, but these days all the info is out there and freely available on the ol' interwebz. There's mountains of horror stories dudes out there are sharing about their experiences. Back in the day understandable as there was no mechanism like the internet to share info like there is today....but in 2020, it's all out there for you, just have to read up.

One thing you always have to keep in mind, divorce is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. If something is monetarily incentivized, you'd best believe it's going to happen.

As I speculated earlier in this thread up there....this current situation we find ourselves in is actually exacerbating the issue. Couples are discovering a little more quickly what would have taken a bit more time to find out I guess.
    https://pagesix.com/2020/03/24/divorce-rates-jumping-in-corona-quarantined-couples/

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

lol. no, re reading it I guess I should have said lady friends? I don't know. Both shacked up again with divorced broads who brought something to the table and are living the dream again but have not gotten remarried

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Strongly considering it now :D