1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. That’s too much like work. I won’t play musical components trying to find a combo that will allow the fucking thing to work the way it should right out of the box.

I’ll shitcan it before going through all that.

Hell, right now I’m just glad I played it before depending on it in an emergency.

2. That’s coming.

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

LOL. Did you try a different magazine? And please don't tell me you only have one...

4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Dude! Never depend on a gun until a few hundred rounds to make sure it is reliable.

5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Now you understand why I was surprised you bought one. While most of the ones I have owned have run like tops, they are not really an ideal platform for people that don't like to tinker a bit. It's likely just a bum magazine though.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Put the magazine all the way in.
    Pull the slide all the way back (pretend it's a slingshot). Now pull it further back.
    Let it go and see if it still hangs.

if so, I'll give you $50 for the whole thing...

7. Agreed. But all the ranges have been closed for weeks. I have the 9mm (Ruger) and .44Mag that are proven. I also haven’t tried the Hellcat, I just got it.

8. Not yet, I just got the gun last week. Haven’t played with anything yet.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I mean, you bought a 1911 dude. And a Kimber on top of that. Sounds completely normal. :D

Jedb and shakazulu12 like this.
  10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I'll go $55 :D

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

How many brand new guns straight out of the box that you have shot have failed?
    I’ve shot a ton of guns from new and never had failures.
    That includes being on the range with other LEO’s shooting hundreds of brand new guns and not seeing a single failure. Thousands of rounds.
    Curious what brands of guns are producing these failures.

Ride safe,
    AAron

12. shakazulu12

Ya'll get Glocks though:crackup:

DucatiBomber likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

The only gun I ever had fail out of the box was... a 1911:p

DucatiBomber likes this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

$57.50 :D

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did anyone bother to tell Broome that the “1911” of a 1911 is the year the weapon was designed? :Poke:

16. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

None personally, but any manufacturer can have a problem with one that gets out the door. I'm not betting on anything until it has proven to me it's good to go.

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve seen a few brand new guns not work in one way or another. Most everyone I know says the same thing about a few hundred rounds before trusting your life with it. Hell I still know a few people that won’t ever use an auto for personal defense. But they’re even older than me. Some guns are pickier than others for sure and I put Kimber high on that list and I own a couple of them. Good thing is 1911s are super simple to work on. Good luck.

18. shakazulu12

Yeah, I love them. But I know that whenever I get one, there is a 50 percent change
    Unless Livengood opened up a gunsmithing shop, that thing is about to be in the classifieds:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. 79AB9742-CDB8-4AD0-87F7-74C2CBE3BF68.jpeg I messed with it some more and got it to work twice in a row with range ammo. Tried it again with defense ammo and it jammed up again.