Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Old news. If you're black you're less likely to survive hospital treatment than if you're white. Same in nursing homes. Also less likely to receive proper pain treatment. Very old fact that's been addressed many times but lingers.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

So in your case you’re good to go...:clap:

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

US passed another hallmark.....most deaths in a single day of any country thus far (assuming you believe China's numbers):

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Let's see if we should panic...

2,813,503 dead per year in the US.

divide by 365...

equals...‭7,708.227397260274‬ per day.

panic or no panic...

5. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

No panic on my part but not comparable.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

That's not a hallmark. It's a anecdotal bullshit figure that doesn't mean anything. Just like most of the figures they've been trying to fear monger with.

18883 deaths in 2020. In four months. That's the only figure that matters.

The daily new cases has level off for at least a week now, but you fail to mention that part.

Dude. Stop already.

cav115 and Bugslayer like this.
  7. Venom51

Very comparable. It's numbers that go unnoticed by most becasue they are not paying attention. The only reason they are panicing about it at the moment is someone made them pay attention.

Nearly 3 million people a year exit our society in the US every year. Every year those lives get replenished with new births and migratory lives. Happens every year without fail...you just aren't normally paying attention to it.

cav115 likes this.
  8. SirCrashAlot

You're not taking into consideration the "lock down" that's bound to have impacted those numbers.

That's why I say these arguments are pointless.

9. Venom51

The point is not the accuracy of any of the numbers. The point is death is among us and around us all day every day all year long. Most ignore it until it is shoved in their faces. This has been shoved in your face from the get go as if it would end the world. Clearly that's not the case.

cav115 likes this.
  10. SirCrashAlot

I look at it like this.
    I've got a hapless sex maniac with a perfect storm of STDs locked up..... we'll call him "Steelshoe." I also have 20 horny virgins in a fenced in area away from Steelshoe. Steelshoe busts out of his confinement and procedes to make his moves on my virgins. I'd say odds are that some of my now "filthy whores" have some sort of venereal disease coming their way in day or two. Now, had Steelshoe not busted out and made his moves all over my virgins they would have most definitely remained disease free.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you're ignoring a crucial difference in the way people look at those numbers. Most of those 3 million deaths happen independently from one another. Your neighbor dying of a heart attack doesn't mean that you're going to catch one.

Slider82 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]

SirCrashAlot, Funkm05, scottn and 4 others like this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Plus the fact that they're now counting anyone that dies WITH the virus NOT FROM the virus as a virus death makes all the numbers complete bullshit.

cav115, brex, 418 and 2 others like this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Google maps?

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Is that the same or different than how people are counted when they die while having the flu?

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

17. joec

joec brace yourself

Not just that but his own thread!

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, it makes as much sense as saying that someone who lived for years with a pre-existing condition and dies two weeks after catching the virus was killed by that condition. It all evens out. :D

tony 340 likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ooh, good catch. Interesting question.

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Just like the regular flu death metrics?

[beat me to it]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.