1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Kansas just canceled the rest of the year. Expect more to follow.

my high time is over. Thanks China.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

We’ve got a senior and a 5th grader here in Florida. The senior enlisted in the Navy and is supposed to graduate in May and ship off to boot camp in June. Doesn’t look like any of that is happening right now. The 5th grader is bummed because he lives for school. Loves to learn. I have no idea what I’m going to brain tease him with over the next month. We got him 8 different kinds of Rubix(sp?) cubes for Christmas. He not only solved them all but has us time him on each one now. I’m talking 4x4s, 5x5s, 6x6s, a triangular one. Ones that are all the same color. Blows my mind.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Recessive genes?

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Which makes we want to say..let them fail. If the way they run the business is that short sighted perhaps it is time for someone to buy the assets and run it better. I hope that what comes out of this is businesses taking a hard look at how they operate and decide that running so close to the edge as to be insolvent with one little hiccup is just not good business.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  7. Quicktoy

Lol. I’m step dad to both. Brain tumor makes me sterile. That being said, I missed one question on my SAT in math and he’s in 5th grade, testing out of 7th grade math and asking me questions I can’t answer and have to read for an hour to remind myself lol.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Get him a Calculus text book, that will keep him busy. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damn I am stupid. I wasn't making the connection from brain tumor to dead testicles but then it hit me...Chemo.

speedluvn likes this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Your wife sounds a lot like mine. Strong smart women. Mine comes home with many stories like that as well. Hopefully her Dad is strong/lucky enough to plow through. Concerned about mine as well, at 71 with previous heart issues, it's on my mind. I'm trying not to worry about the shit out of my control.

11. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

We are in the same boat. My daughter is 3 and learns Mandarin, Spanish and French everyday. She walks around the house speaking each, going back in forth between languages like it nothing. Her school is open (private), but we'arent about to send her because we dont know who is infected and who isnt. And dont want her to stop learning. Sucks for all the kids.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

PM me an address and I will loan you 2 or 3 of my STEM kits. They are perfect for his age. Each one has multiple lessons included. t. The samples I have are power generation, electric circuits, genetics, and energy car.
    Also, they are brand new. No cooties yet.

Dont feel obligated but the offer is there. All I ask is that you return them to me when you are done so I can continue to loan them to schools. I wont be needing them for a bit. :mad:

scottn, Shocker, Quicktoy and 2 others like this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You won't be getting that anyway, Broome already snapped up all their supply.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

One little hiccup? I generally agree on the resilience and being built on poor (cheap credit) fundamentals, but airlines are notoriously poor investments at the best of times. Resilience generally implies better ways of working, investment in people and systems to regularly improve how they work together, a degree of redundancy and to an extent excess resources ready to deploy. None of which investors are interested in. The market is not always right, and what you see is not all what there is.

15. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

yup,mortgage on 1st house( arm) started at 11% with a 2% yearly increase limit lol.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Tim Wu points a big shiny spotlight on AA.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

He makes some good points.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it....whilst all this crap is happening out in the open, fully diverting everyone's attention, what kind of REALLY sinister stuff is going on behind the scenes right now.

On the bright side to all this however, just think of how many lives are being saved from motor vehicle accidents with everyone hunkered down at home not going out......oh and I didn't even think about the dent we'll be putting in the regular seasonal flu cases with everyone socially distanced.

See that......silver lining found :cool:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    sheepofblue and Quicktoy like this.
  19. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

@g97
    https://t.co/AwE2cHIbeJ?amp=1

The linked report indicates at the peak, the demand for ICU beds in will UK and US be outstripped 30:1 in a worst case, and 8:1 in a best case. Best case is a multi layered approach including active suppression and other harsh measures not yet in place.

It is about to get grim. And when it gets to that point you can be reasonably sure the poor Dr with a choice to make will not favour the elderly patient. I cannot believe this is happening.

Attached Files:

Senna, bacolmm and Quicktoy like this.
  20. Quicktoy

You still didn’t make the connection but wouldn’t be able to. It’s complicated. Tumor is on pituitary. It throws my hormones off so much that it made me sterile during puberty they figure. I’m 40 and at 30 had the testosterone level of a 100 year old man while injecting 1.5ml of test every 7 days. Something was very wrong lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.