1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That depends on what the other side of this looks like. A quick wave of illness may be easier to recover
    from in the long run than having a simmering mass of illness for months that interferes with everything.

jrsamples likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My UPS driver this morning says " come look in my truck ", no exaggeration, half his load was TP from Amazon.

motion, jrsamples and Phl218 like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Only if you have the capacity to deal with the quick (but much larger scale) wave. Scenes from hospitals in Italy are clearly showing that they don't. In fact I don't think I've heard of anywhere in the developed (or under-developed) world that has stated "yes, we have the capacity to treat our entire population infected all at once." Hence the importance of drawing it out into a longer but more manageable ordeal.

Steve H and Canadian Bacon like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I hate to think this way, because anything can happen tomorrow. But...

Even my vacations are planned events. I haven't just split in a long time. There is a strong possibility that my office will shut down for a couple of weeks. I have a GSA in the garage that is ready to go and I would have no problem leaving Dodge for 4-6 days and go rouge. But where the hell does one go at this time of year living where I do? The five day forecast in any direction doesn't look promising the next week. But I used to not care.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Im concerned about leaving the state at this point. My buddy and I both have a few days off and we can use his family's lake house and fish a power plant lake in IL, but I'm a little worried that we'll get trapped there and won't be let back into WI. Probably being paranoid, but if they actually close bars in WI (rumored) then hell truly has frozen over.

Britt likes this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

no bugs in my county
    But I’m up for a ride....

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Isn't rouge women's make up?

Quicktoy and Metalhead like this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Good heavens my man: NMBDR, AZBDR, or do the border wall ride. Some of those have elevated sections that will be closed, but still lots to take in.

I'm thinking of going to look for land and camping out for a couple weeks.

[​IMG]

Quicktoy, Montoya and baconologist like this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sorry bud for your situation. Actually sorry for all involved.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  10. rd400racer

Well,if you want to go that direction I guess you could :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Should have slipped him a fifty!

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Rogue not rouge. The fucks wrong with you? Lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. rd400racer

I was just in West Virginia last weekend with the boys and it's the last place in the country unaffected. But, I was just there. My son said we should hunker down. He might have been right.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Eff. Late again.

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

oh the ironing...

Quicktoy, R Acree and Pixelator like this.
  16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol kiss it.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. rd400racer

Here's what's wrong. I had to look at a project in Bardstown today. While there I figured I should stock up. It called a Kentucky Covid Emergency Kit. All I can say is, it's working.

[​IMG]

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You're forgiven.

Quicktoy and rd400racer like this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

In the first place, we aren't in Italy, we are nothing like Italy.
    In the second place, most people who get the virus are not going to be seriously ill or require hospitalization
    and they can borrow a page from other countries and create temporary facilities to treat COVID-19 patients
    only. Our government owns thousands of empty buildings all over the country, surely they could make some
    use of those.

I'm sure the armed forces are capable of whacking together some pretty tight facilities very
    quickly, they could set up inside heated/cooled buildings and you could keep virus patients out of regular hospitals
    which would keep down the spread to patients who already have enough to deal with.
    I caught pneumonia when I was in the ICU, something that happens way too much, so it's not some magical
    safe place anyway. We need more can-do thinking and less panicky reacting. Overreaction is as bad as underreaction.

That article that someone posted about concentrating on protecting the small numbers of
    people who might die if they get the virus rather than locking-down everybody makes a lot of sense.
    I am in controlled congestive heart failure and constant a-fib so I have 300 lbs of wrinkled skin in the game and therefore I
    am not taking this lightly as it would certainly put me in the hospital, but I fear the effects of shutting down everything more than getting sick.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    baconologist likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

anyone ever seen some italians greet each other? i mean everyone, all the time, out on the streets?

any parallels to the infection rate maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.