1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now the restaurants are starting to close...

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Mar 13, 2020.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

ill be in point loma next week for a meeting... looks like i know where to try lunch at.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Then call me Metal head 'cause i do it all the time. Cold turkey/Pepperoni at R&M in downtown canton. Thicker than Mongo's head and yummy.

Cold.

Hot sandwiches are for savages.

And the Engineer at Firehouse is good. If its cold.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

We had a local chain called Sub Zone. They had this AWESOME Taco Sub that was huge and tasty yet cheap. All was well until the cops determined the owners profit margins were all made on coke.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I must order wrong at jersey mikes because I’ve had two shitty sandwiches there.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Jimmy Johns is vile.

I never knew you could combine bread, meat and cheese and have so little flavor. One tiny step above Subway. :Puke:

ducnut likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've got a little corner store a mile up the road that does pizza and subs. His shit is goooood, makes his own dough and rolls, high quality local meats and veggies. And he's always experimenting with new stuff, not unusual to walk in and have him hand you something. " Here try this, what do you think ? "

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Believe me, I did everything I could to dissuade her. They had about $500K liquid and her husband talked her into opening this Jersey Mike's because he got a good sub on the road from them. Now he didn't lift a finger in any of this and will not help with anything. On top of that they have zero restaurant experience. She's 57 years old and has been working 18 hour days for a month now. My daughter saw her last weekend and said she looks 70. I tried to talk them into building a storage rental place. Almost no overhead, damn near no employees...they didn't want to hear any of it. They've already had two bankrupted businesses, might as well go for the trifecta.

ducnut likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That sux.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

She should have listened to you. No way if I had half a mil I'd put in into a restaurant. :eek:

ducnut likes this.
  12. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Those storage facilities are popping up like the coronavirus around here. I always thought that they would be a good business due to low overhead and no real management.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I was in a hurry the other day and pulled into Wendy's drive through. Got up to the window and noticed their grade 90, and thought about what had to go wrong to make it down to B status. Most restaurants are cesspools of funk as a normal SOP without the virus.

14. rd400racer

Yep, we worked on probably 10 of them in Louisville in the last couple of years. I don't know what he hell everybody is storing in them but they all seem to do well and the overhead is low.

15. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Always reminds me of Fight Club and that minimalist movie....we have so much shit that we can't even keep it at home anymore.

BTW, sorry to hear about the one's with the poor decisions. I think that it was back in the 90's or 2000's that there was a movie about franchises and there was a fellow featured that bought a Subway shop...boy was he pissed. I think he said that he was making about $3 per hour.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The boss gets paid last, if there's anything left.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, it stuck with me that he said that he'd be making that for forever, unless he just walked away from his life savings.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I'd rather be a Lenin Loving Commie than eat hot sandwiches. You kevin hart sized hot sandwich lover.

:D

19. rd400racer

They've always been about poor decisions. They start a business, make some decent quick money and then everything goes downhill fast. At the last venture my BIL bought a Zr1 Corvette and 2 Indy Pace Car Camaro's because "they're going to be worth a fortune some day!" Not sure how many pennies on the dollar he got when he had to sell it all.

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

i’m in the same boat. We cut the corporate umbilical at the end of the year. Bought a B&B in an 800 person town.