1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preferred Pronouns.....in a professional email signature

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lanceabillion, Feb 12, 2020.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Exactly. Life is too short.

These days I just call everybody chief anyway. Saves time.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    dave3593 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  2. sdg

sdg *

Actually I know a cure. It's a bit risky.

3. sdg

sdg *

Or Bud. Recognized subtle insult here in these parts.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

WTF? That's completely silly.

Of course when dubbing tapes, we can't call the decks "master" and "slave" anymore, so who am I to complain.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats racist!!! :D

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I like the idea. Kind of like wearing a Klan hood to work, I know to avoid you as you are loon.

sdg likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

Theory vs reality.

8. sdg

sdg *

We like our nazi's in uniform, that way we can identify em, (snaps) just like that...

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The justification I got for it at the hugerific tech company was that it is more inclusive if everyone does it. This way, no one feels isolated because they are the only one with the need to state their pronouns.

It's all the rage. I am not partaking in the rage.

speeddaddy likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Seriously? That is crazy. People have gone completely over the top when it comes to the "trigger" words. Maybe I am just old but I really don't see how anyone could be offended by master and slave when referring to audio equipment.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I agree.

Sincerely,
    Most awesome Lord & Savior G

cav115 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

The irony is if you have to announce or tell others what your gender is,
    You’re more than likely not that gender.
    I’m a 500 watt led lightbulb

Lanceabillion likes this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I call bullshit on that. No way you're that bright :)

Hey Beac, What did they replace master and slave with?

G 97 likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

Efforts are being made to remove it from s/w also. Complete craziness.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

My church is going down this road. The pastors now state their preferred pronouns at the start of every service.
    Our church does have a transgender lady that is married to a lesbian (I am still trying to wrap my head around that one), but they are both nice people and that is all that really matters. We also have a couple of teens that are non-binary, so I guess announcing the genders feels welcoming to them and our church does try to welcome everyone. In general I support in that.

So far it hasn't started at my work, but I would not be surprised if it is only a matter of time. I get genders at work wrong on occasion, as we are a worldwide company and names are not always a good indication of gender when you can't even figure out how to pronounce them and you have never seen the person as they are 10.5 time zones away. In the grand scheme of things, there are lots of real problems in the world and if calling someone they or heshe instead of her or him makes them feel better it doesn't really matter to me.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just got my first email stating the preferred pronoun. I get it, a college coach, didn't think much of it and still don't.

Lanceabillion and cav115 like this.
  17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

This falls into the "I don't feel important so I am going to make people recognize me" category.

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Everything is completely silly these days... I got in a 'discussion' about the word jigger... a couple people in a meeting were offended and I was like WTF?! They were offended because it RHYMED with an offensive word, even though it was used completely correctly and in context.

I can't take these moronic rules.

Lanceabillion likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The more that you coddle the idiots and go along to get along, the more idiots you'll find yourself surrounded by.

speeddaddy likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So now they only say “larger” and “shovel operator” and “person who rigs”?

And Winnie the Pooh’s friend is “spring loaded feline”?

Fuck people

Phl218 likes this.