1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preferred Pronouns.....in a professional email signature

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lanceabillion, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

Ok, I get it if you are a confused liberal and don't understand science resulting in two genders. You have shown you lack the mental capacity to understand these things time and time again. I get that you want to put your "preferred pronouns" into the signature of your Instagram profile, to avoid microaggressions by someone calling you by your actual gender, because mere words affect you immensely. I get you are so weak mentally that you need to build up walls of made-up words around you so you don't have to deal with reality.

I also get that rationale people may not want to play pretend like the confused liberal and use the pronouns that actually apply to you. To which, you demand those people be jailed now.

But should preferred pronouns be in the email signature of a professional (doctor, lawyer)?

Weak.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF would a doctor worry about being called anything other than ...Doctor. Attorneys are called by far worse than the wrong pronoun.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Listing preferred pronouns seems to be becoming more common. My company's internal roster is set up so you can enter your preferred pronouns.

I don't care. I'll call you as you wish to be called. It's basic respect.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, everyone should list preferred pronouns so that you know for sure you don't ever want to do any sort of business with them.

Robby-Bobby, jd41, auminer and 9 others like this.
  5. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

No it’s enabling stupidity.

Lanceabillion, brex and StaccatoFan like this.
  6. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

People and businesses are really incorporating this? In the world I’m in, you had better respond quickly to hey fuckhead if you want a job

sdg likes this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You beat me to it! That's exactly what I already do, when I see this nonsense I just avoid them. It's a flag for mental disorders so I appreciate it!

Gixxerguy855 and kangasj like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll have to set a filtering rule to look for he/she/her/it and shit can the email if it contains that.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Almost everyone in academia does at this point. Oddly enough, none of us in Engineering do...

TurboBlew and bigtime like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Correction, it's enabling mental illness, arguably that's worse than stupidity.

by the way.....is shim or heshe considered a microagression?

kangasj and Lanceabillion like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mental illness can be treated. Stupidity cannot.

brex and StaccatoFan like this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I see it in email signatures at my company. I refuse to put anything like that in mine. Absolutely NOT going to happen.

There are TWO and ONLY TWO genders....the rest, as already stated, are mental disorders.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can someone give me an example of how it works? I live under a rock and have never seen a pronoun used in a signature. I'm not even sure where it would go. :confused:

Johnny B likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We had a cashier at our local Kroger that had they's preferred pronoun on their name tag. I just used they's name.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, OK: the words "preferred pronoun" actually appear in the signature line? I was picturing something like "she-Casey Jones" or something stupid like that.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Papa Thiam (he/his)
    The Uccio Hunter

Lanceabillion likes this.
  17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I think it's corny as hell especially since 90% of it that I have seen is a woman adding (she/her), but really has no impact on me unless I'm directly in a business or personal relationship with them.

R Acree likes this.
  18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Troll the liberals. Go along with it and say your preferred pronouns are Your Eminence and Your Royal Highness.

Lanceabillion and StaccatoFan like this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've yet to run across it in e-mail, but the cashier's name tag read "My preferred pronouns are...."

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks. So, not too far from what I was picturing.