1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Dude Named Qasem Soleimani Is Dead

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Jan 2, 2020.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I can certainly understand that you are just being contrarian because OMB. But nobody ever said that bringing troops home would de-escalate anything. I'd say that most "Trumpers" are against endless war for the sake of endless war. Don't confuse that for withholding a punch in the face when it is asked for. Iraq kicking us out wouldn't bother me at all. The whole place is a shit hole.

StaccatoFan, Gixxerguy855 and R Acree like this.
  2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Which is pretty much how it works. One of the bros, who spent time raining fire and lead in a modern jet, indicated that about four to five seconds before impact, you can see everyone kind of perk up, and then OH SHIT - get up to run and then ... well, virgins (maybe).

3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

If you see multiple, coordinated attacks within the next couple of weeks, would that be an escalation? If Iran captures American Sailors and executes them, would that be an escalation?

Again, I'm not saying that things will escalate but I don't have any more info about that than you have about how things won't escalate.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

That's the point, this could be the beginning of the end of the world or it may blow over by next Friday. Prognosticating or worrying about it is pointless.

I am much more concerned that many believe the deescalation is always the responsibility of the United States. How many times do you have to let the little guy spit in your face before you whip his ass?

Your last sentence cracks me up. You and others act as though the Trump admin is a frat house where they just shoot from the hip between Big Macs and grabbing pussies. Of course a political and social damage assessment was done before the strike. Discussions took place with policy and military advisers. Plans were carefully made, even in preemptively in the hope of an opportunity.
    These people won the White House and have run the country well across many metrics. Despite opinions to the contrary, they are not morons.

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What counter arguments?

You’d have to actually offer an argument for it to be countered.

We’re just mocking you

StaccatoFan and brex like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Iran, in particular the dead guy, assisted Iraq in fighting ISIS. Some of those people are very pro Iran because of it.

Our number one tactic against Iran for decades has been isolation. Leaving Iraq would give Iran a welcome mat which is exactly what happened when we pulled out the last time.

TL/DR the US kicked out of Iraq or leaving in any form is a disadvantage. Doesn't matter who the President is. (No matter how much these guys try to make it so.)

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

They're just pissed off Trump killed an austere religious scholar and a revered military leader in less than a year.

Dead goat fucking terrorists are a good thing in my book.

So long assholes. Enjoy your virgins.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Folks in the ME have been warring for centuries. We break time up into 4 year increments. We are severely ADD when compared to their long game.

jrsamples and Fonda Dix like this.
  9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This part of the discussion is pointless. There is no freaking way Iraq will kick us out. They enjoy the milk off the delicious American teat FAR too much, just like all our dependents do.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I was hoping for a week or two of B1Bs over both Baghdad and Tehran.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Also accurate.

I'm waiting on the dude who said Iranians are praising the USA to show me. They don't love us or want to be like us. It's terribly hard for some Americans to grasp that.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess you missed the news.

The US Embassy in Iraq was attacked and fire bombed.

Guess we should have sent an FTD arrangement instead to “deescalate”, huh?

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You could, might, maybe, possibly be correct, but I doubt it. But if you are, then what do we end up with? There's still that issue of bad blood between Sunni and Shia. Do you really think that the two countries are going to magically erase the border and become a great threat to the US? I'd say not, because they are not finished fighting themselves and there are at least 2 ME superpowers that would bulldoze the place in a heartbeat, given the chance. Nah, this is not soil that we should/need to hold. Hellfire diplomacy is just fine.

sdg likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For the faithful, we are the antithesis of what they believe. I also think that at least a component of their society believes we are complete fools to believe in the freedoms we have and our rights (women, abortion, sexual preference, etc.) and expect that there is a chance the differences can ever coexist.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Iran has gotten away with their Strait of Hormuz shit for too long. I can pretty much guarantee that any Iranian provocation in the strait will be countered in a most unpleasant fashion.

Iran has a choice. Stand down and smarten the fuck up or ratchet up their rhetoric and hostilities and reap the consequences.

Photo likes this.
  16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

The democrats think that the Iranians do not have that sort of self control.

17. code3ryder

Photo likes this.
  18. code3ryder

You are exactly correct. Any of those scenarios are possible, hence the possibility of escalation.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

20. code3ryder

Yes. I guess what I'm trying to assert is that the posters in here that slam any thought that Iran might hit back suffer from whatever the opposite of TDS is.