1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverse psychology, for the girls

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

At 44yrs of age, 1 marriage and many years of being in "non-committed relationships" the only thing I have ever figured out is that women, in general, have maternal instincts and NEED to have someone imperfect.

Some, and seemingly a rarity, will accept you as something damaged or with issues.

Others often like to slowly mold and conform you to their ideal. Buy you clothes, take the rum glass out of your hand, teach you how to act in social settings...basically a project. Once the project is over, the newness has worn off and you've been putting the seat back down for a few years they decide it's time for a new project to make over and mold to their ideals because you've lost that "spark, excitement and spontaneity" you once had ever since you started wearing Dockers, asking her to pick out your tie, putting the roll of ass wipe ON THE ROLLER, and not pissing in the driveway at 330AM while listening to music in the garage.

Gino230 and R1Racer99 like this.
  2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Almost every conversation I have with my buddy ends up being about our jobs and getting old. We’re both 38, he’s a chef and I’m a bartender, we both make a decent but not great living (65-75k) which is fine at our age, but the question is how long can you do it and what do you do afterwards when cooking and tending bar are all you know how to do but you’re too old for the grind. It sounds like you have it figured out with the cheap rent and no bills, for us it’s like we gotta figure this shit out now before we’re 50 and burned out with no options. Not to mention the abuse most of us do to ourselves in this industry, from your frequent talk of rum drinks, you sound like myself and almost everyone I’ve ever worked with, it’s great while it lasts but probably not so good for our lifespan.

As much as this place gives you shit I appreciate the honesty and think your life sounds pretty fucking good, keep the updates coming.

K51000, Gino230, lazlo and 2 others like this.
  3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

no easy answer to that, the restaurant business is brutal, look out for yourself at all costs

4. Captain Morgan

Philippines, DR, Mexico if you can save a litttle money

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Fuck that’s why the being single part is great and why I tell every young dude I know to stay single as long as they can. I can’t even get the woman to move somewhere warm much less an island.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

To distill this down into something less complex, I simply look at it like this......women need drama in their lives in capacity or another.

As you put it, once things become routine and boring that's the beginning of the end. Conversely, men generally appreciate the routine and structure far more and don't see an issue with it until its too late if ever. Our brains are wired differently, it is what it is. I guess that's part of the reason I've never been interested in playing that kind of a long game.

Bloodhound likes this.
  7. My wife always asks, and somewhat complains. Why do you walk outside to piss off the deck when the toilet is actually closer? Because I can :) my 7 year old does the same.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm sorry you had to break up with your sister.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Same thing at my house. I can't recall the last time I peed inside. Just don't want to take the time to clean if I sprnkle.

11. Captain Morgan

This is not bragging and maybe I should pay for a professional therapist. I quit my job but they are still paying me, going down to St. Thomas to see a girl I used to date that works in restaurants. Was talking to the dive master Bahama girl last night. She has 3 weeks off in January, so I was already going to get an air bnb in Mexico, the dr, panama???? So this STT girl just texts me "word for word" I could pay you a fabulous not a lot of money but sexual favors and free food? Can't make this shit up

ducnut likes this.
  12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pretty sure it is. Sounds a lot like the conversations I hear in the halls at school. Right down to the grammar.

:crackup:

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

YamahaRick likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was just stating the minutiae of it

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I don't know, I keep hearing someone who
    thinks he has the perfect life but it really
    isn't working for him anymore as far as
    personal satisfaction goes. Man-creed says
    he has it all but the shine is off the apple.
    He's at that age where you realize you
    won't live forever and he thinks he should
    do something different.

When I was 16 I got a job at an ice cream
    stand and all my friends envied me because
    I could have all the ice cream I wanted,
    hot fudge sundaes, banana splits, mocha
    malted frappes, it was heaven.
    After a while, I had no desire for mass amounts
    of ice cream but my friends still envied me.

There's more to life than pussy, rum, and fishing.

17. Captain Morgan

I'm trying to find it but can't. Going down to STT to go farther down the rabbit hole with no exit

ducnut likes this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

???

South Tranny Thailand?

I thought that was another beebizen...

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Maybe Monte come out of retirement and opened up island track days.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I got nothin'. :beer:

Captain Morgan likes this.