1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: I agree. Although it was 1100.;) That thing was nasty, Got one new my sophomore year in college. Can’t believe I never wadded mine up, always sounded like a rock crusher that was going to grenade. LOL.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

cha0s#242 likes this.
  3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I wonder why Bautista wasn't at the premiere? Even Lorenzo showed up..

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Because contract.

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  5. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Was Lorenzo late to the premiere?

Quicktoy, brex and BigBird like this.
  6. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

He'll do like this.....scrape scrape scrape crash slide slide slide tumble tumble tumble flames.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That does indeed look like something Italians would do, not Japanese.

badmoon692008, Bruce and Turbotech like this.
  8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Haslam was there.. I imagine that would've been a similar situation. Not to mention they test in a few weeks so..

9. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a return galley. It's how the con rods are supplied. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

10. humblepie

Same as R1.

11. humblepie

81mm bore. Gotta wonder what the midrange is like.

12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot their season was done.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

These riders are typically contracted through the end of the calendar year in order to use them for PR.

Haslam leaving Kawasaki was a mutual breakup where Kawasaki issued a press release thanking him for his years of service and wishing him the best. They clearly released him to engage in PR with his new team.

Bautista leaving Ducati was an emotional breakup where the Ducati CEO fired off condescending tweets about Bautista and his motives for racing. You think they were really gonna let him do PR events for Honda while still under contract to Ducati? Lol.

Quicktoy, BigBird and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do we know for sure that Bautista wasn't there, taking pictures with the Panigale V2 or something? Meanwhile, Kawasaki has nothing new to show.

Senna likes this.
  15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah same... and is it common to have a drain plug up there too these days?

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I'd have to imagine they're going to give Rea something for 2020. Maybe the bike isn't ready in production form yet?

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

looks like that plug is just there to close it off for machining that bore

nlzmo400r likes this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I watched a guy...actually 2 guys spend over $50k trying to build AMA level RCs with a really talented wrench back when they were new. When they were complete... we took them out for a quick run up a local mountain road and some blasts on the highway. The build cost must of included a 500lb anchor... cause they had nothing for a stock motored Hayabusa or ZX12... in any type of speed contest. They were purty & had pimp wheels/brakes/forks though

19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

no he was just bringing up the rear of the field :crackup:

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  20. humblepie

Does the information currently available mention that the cams rotate counter to the crankshaft? Not to be a "know it all," but that looks to be a pretty run of the mill camshaft drive set-up.
    Can someone please point out this "extra gear."