1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to go Commiefornia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Oct 8, 2017.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Those U-Haul numbers for Phoenix and Houston are pretty interesting

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ryder gave me a discount when I moved from Raleigh to Augusta...incoming rentals far exceeded outgoing. Makes perfect business sense.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Probably same as in gas car without gas and pumps closed.

4. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Range matters

5. TWF2

Not really in this case, you just need to get out of fire area.
    If I had electric car it would be plugged in when in garage which means full. Gas cars people don't top out daily.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Can’t power it in the garage when the grid is down to prevent the fires. So, nope. It wouldn’t be full.

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think he was missing that. Of course, a generator could be an option. Vroom vroom...

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Really? We dummies on the east coast know to keep our tanks topped off when facing impending doom. Much like bread and milk, it is essential to survive. I can get well over 300 miles from ground zero if necessary.

9. TWF2

It was charged until grid goes down. He said it is difficult to escape fire. It is not. It is same for gas or electric, no power no fuel/electricity for car. You have to be ready for it which people in that area know. But ECB :)

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Where’s @dsapsis to inform us all how much the rest of the US needs Cali but Cali doesn’t need the rest of the US. :Poke::D

11. TWF2

From what I read bigger issue is opening electric garage door for some people (like old folks). They better keep car outside.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Fifth largest economy in the world!

Bawk!

Sends more the federal government than it takes!

Squawk!

American would collapse without it!

upload_2019-11-4_13-55-5.jpeg

:)

G 97 likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We had that problem with my mother-in-law last week. You can get and/or retrofit openers with battery back-up.

14. TWF2

I know, I have those on my garage.

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

But much easier to make it to a gas station that has power, fill up and keep rolling quickly. Not so much if you just make it outside the range, then have to sit for 6-8 hours to charge IF you can find a functional charging space. Gas will always win in this debate.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

...as long as the pumps have power...and a connection for financial transactions.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

… and gas.

18. TWF2

I don't see difference but whatever.
    I seen lines for gas or people from CA coming here to NV to fill up. Or people waiting in line to fill gas and pumps running out of it.
    There is no winner or loser here, you got to be prepared either way.

Funkm05 likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Neither gas nor electric wins. Diesel vehicle with 600+ miles of range wins.

MachineR1 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We need to argue about it anyway.
    It's who we are and what we do.

beac83 likes this.