Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

"In the past several weeks, it has become clear to any observer of current events that the president is abusing the office of the presidency for personal political objectives. Although new facts are being revealed on a daily basis, the following are undisputed, to date:"
    Well, we're going to dispute the undisputed "facts" here.

"1) In a July 25, 2019, telephone call with the president of Ukraine – a summary of which has been released by the White House"
    It wasn't a summary. It was a full transcript and that has been confirmed by several officials with knowledge of the call itself.

"the president requested “a favor” in the context of a discussion of Ukrainian security matters."
    No he didn't. The Ukrainian president has confirmed this.

"The favor was to investigate a baseless theory relating to the 2016 investigation into Russian interference in the U.S. election. "
    Baseless theory??? You have to be kidding me. The Trump/Russia hoax traces directly back to the Ukraine. There is tons of evidence to support this. Honestly, this whole article was spins and stretches, but a few sentences into the first bullet point, they went full on conspiracy theory.

"The U.S. president further requested that the Ukrainian president coordinate the requested investigation with both his personal attorney and the Attorney General of the United States"
    There is absolutely nothing at all wrong with this. The only reason the Democrats and their water carrying bootlickers in the media are loosing their shit is because it all leads back to them.

"He then requested, additionally, that the Ukrainian government look into allegations relating to his Democratic presidential opponent, Joe Biden, saying “There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.”
    So it's cool for Quid Pro Joe to set up a backdoor channel of cash coming from the Ukraine through his son (that has exactly ZERO experience in the oil and gas industry), but it not OK for Trump to question the arrangement. Biden was the V.P. at the time. Burisma was buying influence. PERIOD. By the way, Joe Biden is on video tape bragging about getting the investigator that was looking into this fired for "corruption" which has been debunked entirely.

"These circumstances led career Ambassador Taylor to communicate that in his judgment it was “crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.” These facts are derived from text messages provided to the House of Representatives in connection with the deposition of former Special Envoy Volker and have been released publicly."
    More utter bullshit. Volker himself has stated there was no quid pro quo and the following text that these "journalist" chose to ignore is Volker telling Taylor that he is misunderstood on the situation entirely and that isn't at all what went down.

"3) On October 3, 2019, the president stood in front of U.S. press cameras outside the White House and said, “China should start an investigation into the Bidens because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine.” The president’s statement was broadcast widely."
    Well, why exactly did China "invest" 1.5 BILLION dollars with Hunter Biden's new startup hedge fund? Was it his enthusiastic sales pitch because he was amped up on coke? Hint: it's more influence buying with dear old Dad. By the way, this deal was setup with Dad in tow as they both flew there on Air Force 2. Nothing to see here. Move it along.

"We believe the acts revealed publicly over the past several weeks are fundamentally incompatible with the president’s oath of office, his duties as commander in chief, and his constitutional obligation to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.”
    Right here clearly labels this an opinion piece, and one that is almost completely devoid of facts. "We believe" Well isn't that special.

"Additional evidence that was detailed in the Special Counsel’s Report, related matters of foreign emoluments, and persistent obstructive activities should also inform these proceedings."
    Emoluments again? Jesus Tap Dancing Christ these fuckers have TDS level 10. The Special Council Report? Haha, priceless. You mean the one where the lead investigator hired rabid Trump hating swamp rats and spent nearly 2 years trying to find any damn thing they could and turned up completely empty? That one? How about he knew the day he was appointed that the entire case was manufactured on political opposition research paid for by Clinton, yet proceeded to dig into a nothing burger for almost 2 years. His number two, Andy Weissmann, knew the dossier was complete garbage in August 2016, a full 9 months prior to Mueller being appointed. That one?

" As we said in an April 2019 statement, “free and fair elections, without foreign interference, are at the heart of a healthy democracy.”
    Sweet. I agree. So why was it OK for the Obama administration to weaponize the FBI, CIA and DOA to actively try to prevent Trump from becoming president and then remove him once he legitimately won? While we're on this subject, let's talk about using "foreign intelligence" to circumvent laws about spying on U.S. citizens and unlawful unmasking of citizens for political gain. Or maybe going to a FISA court 4 times with made up bullshit (that you swear is verified) to get a warrant to spy on a presidential candidate.

Bottom line: the paper I just wiped my ass with is more valuable than this piece of garbage.

So yes, they are complete crackheads...or just more spinsters masquerading as journalists.

auminer, kangasj and Britt like this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Let's start with his alleged issues with the IRS and New York State tax, and the sub-contractors that he doesn't pay. The we move onto the abuse of his foundation to pay for a huge portrait of him to hang up. Yes this was all reimbursed and the foundation made whole, but why was it even necessary? What moral person would even dream about using foundation money for something like that? Then we go to more current as he put his kids into positions where they can gain profit and power in the Federal Government. Then there is the constant use of his property in Florida and the extra profits going into that.

As stated it is hard to prove as the current swamp has been doing this stuff for decades and almost none of them have been caught, so why would you be surprised that it would just be easy to prove against him? Just don't fool yourself into thinking he is making the swamp go away. He is just replacing some of the swamp monsters with a new set of swamp monsters.

Please note, I don't think there has been enough made public to indict the president and I think it would be a mistake for the Democrats to do so at this time. If they find proof of something more then maybe they should proceed, but I have not seen anything yet of that nature. Maybe some of the folks in the Intelligence community or State Department have something that will go to his motives in going after the Bidens. If the motive was to tarnish Biden in the election and there is proof of that he should be impeached and the Senate should convict him. That is using the power of the US Government to go after your political rivals to get yourself re-elected or gain your party more power. That is not right on any level.

jase likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Whoops sorry. I am sure Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Biden appreciate that fact.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So Biden's actions don't bother you?

5. Spang308

Are you high on paint chips. He's losing money out the ass right now. It's "estimated" his net worth has dropped a billion since election day. How about we focus on how Nancy Pelosi is worth a reported $278 million dollars and has worked in congress her entire life? Or maybe Obama's new $15 million dollar beach house. Being an ex president sure has been good to him. Also, beach house---sea level rise. Haha, let me guess you still believe? By the way, Trump donates his meager salary every year. Yeah, he's trying to con us all. How's the TDS flavored Kool Aid taste?

aaronson and kangasj like this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

In virtually any assessment of legal issues concerning presidential affairs, these people have more credibility than you:
    Jonathan H. Adler
    Johan Verheij Memorial Professor of Law and Director of the Center for Business Law & Regulation at Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Senior fellow at the Property & Environment Research Center and the Center for the Study of the Administrative State at George Mason University Antonin Scalia School of Law.
    Donald B. Ayer
    Deputy Attorney General, 1989-1990. Principal Deputy Solicitor General, 1986-1988. U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of California, 1981-1986.
    C. Frederick Beckner III
    Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Civil Division, 2006-2009. Former Clerk to Samuel Alito, U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
    John B. Bellinger, III
    Legal Advisor to Department of State, 2005-2009. Senior Associate Counsel to the President and Legal Advisor to the National Security Council 2001-2005.
    Phillip D. Brady
    White House Staff Secretary, 1991-1993. White House Cabinet Secretary, 1989. Deputy Counsel to President Ronald Reagan. Deputy Assistant to Vice President George H. W. Bush, 1985-1988. Acting Assistant Attorney General, 1984-1985. Associate Attorney General, 1983-1984.
    George T. Conway III
    Securities and Corporate Litigation at Wachtell, Lipton. Argued successfully before the Supreme Court in Morrison v. National Australia Bank. Declined nomination as assistant attorney general in 2017.
    Carrie F. Cordero
    Robert M. Gates Senior Fellow & General Counsel, Center for a New American Security. Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center. Former Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for National Security, Senior Associate General Counsel at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and Attorney Advisor at the U.S. Department of Justice, 2003-2010.
    Charles Fried
    Beneficial Professor of Law, Harvard Law School. Solicitor General, 1985-1989. Associate Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, 1995-1999.
    Stuart M. Gerson
    Acting Attorney General, 1993. Assistant Attorney General, 1989-1993.
    Peter D. Keisler
    Acting Attorney General, 2007. Assistant Attorney General, 2003-2007. Acting Associate Attorney General, 2002-2003.
    Orin S. Kerr
    Frances R. and John J. Duggan Distinguished Professor of Law, University of Southern California Gould School of Law. Trial Attorney, Department of Justice Criminal Division, 1998-2001.
    Marisa C. Maleck
    Appellate, Constitutional, and Administrative Law at King & Spalding. Former clerk to Justice Clarence Thomas.
    Trevor Potter
    President, Campaign Legal Center; Federal Election Commissioner (1991-1995) and Chairman (1994); Office of Legal Policy at the Department of Justice (1982-1984)
    Alan Charles Raul
    Former Vice Chairman of the White House Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board. Former General Counsel to the Office of Management and Budget. Former General Counsel to the Department of Agriculture. Former Associate Counsel to the President.
    Tom Ridge
    Secretary of Homeland Security, 2003-2005. Assistant to the President for Homeland Security, 2001-2003. Governor of Pennsylvania.
    Paul Rosenzweig
    Deputy Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security, 2005-2009.
    Ilya Somin
    Professor of Law, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University.
    J.W. Verret
    Associate Professor of Law, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University. Former Chief Economist and Senior Counsel to the U.S. House Committee on Financial Services.

Birtherism, indeed.
    Carry on.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nice list of people but was there a point?

kangasj likes this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because they have zero anti trump bias.
    Cary on. Delusional liberals are outing themselves as the true idiots they are at an astounding rate this days.
    OMB OMB OMB
    Santa Clause
    Tooth Fairy
    Sasquatch
    Leprechaun
    Unicorn
    #resist
    #notmypresident
    #impeach
    #imaretardedliberal

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I've given up even trying to communicate with the folks who suffer from the TDS. Why waste your time. Either they'll have a complete meltdown in 2020 (which will be so fun to watch) or they won't....either way, you're not going to change their mind.

Spang308 likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

You can’t change brain disease.

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Oh, the Bidens are the dealings should definitely be investigated. That looks shady as a dark alley. If the motive was to get to the bottom of that corruption, then I see nothing wrong with what the President did in asking for that investigation to be reopened in the Ukraine or started in China. I am also not naive enough to think that Trumps real motive might not have been political instead. I would be surprised if he was dumb enough to reveal that motive to the wrong people, but you don't always know who is listening, so we shall see.

Any money he is losing now will be more than made up for in the power that he has endowed to his children in their resumes and contacts. Also nice whataboutism pointing to the rest of the corruption that I have already stated is happening and has been going on for a long time.
    Side A: "Don't look at Trump's corruption! Look at all the corruption from the Democrats!"
    Side B: "Don't look at our corruption it isn't nearly as bad a Trump's corruption!"
    My side: How about we look at all the corruption?

Trump donates his salary for political reasons. It looks good and he doesn't need that money. He won't be able to spend his money, what he is doing is setting his kids up. When he turns down or pays for the perks that make his salary look like chicken feed let me know.

jase and cpettit like this.
  12. Spang308

Suppose you're right. I thought Dave was smarter honestly. That article he linked is absolute rubbish. The names attached to it may have strong higher education in the legal field, but their head is firmly installed in their rectum to the point they can't see obvious facts.
    I mean at her current Speaker of the House salary of $223,500 it would only take her 1243 years to accumulate that wealth. I'm sure her investments were all on the up and up though. I just think it makes more sense to investigate politicians who are getting rich being politicians more than it is investigating a rich private sector guy that is losing money being a politician. Call me crazy.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

14. Spang308

Just wow...

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The point was in the first sentence. Sorry for putting it right at the front.
    A second point, lost on Cloyd, is they are not liberals.

Hey Spang -- a TELCOM is a summary. It is not a "full transcript". White House officials claiming it is, does not make it so. So, right off the bat, your counters are falsifiable. I'd say try again, but you already have.

You guys are funny. Crazy, but funny nonetheless.

jase likes this.
  16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

GF'nC that shit is TRUE of ALL POLITICIANS... name one who has served any time there that doesn't end up making MORE than when they went there... this may be the 1st time one went in with MORE than is NORMAL and won't be "bought off" for a few bucks or a blowjob from a cheap slut.

Do you believe those assholes that have been there for 20/30/40 yrs have any interest in what is best for US... ?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LMFAO, how anybody watches CNN or any of the other left wing liars is beyond me. Crack heads are trying the Russian thing on Gabbard now? Jesus...

"CNN political analyst Bakari Sellers accused Gabbard of foreign allegiances. As soon as Gabbard’s name was mentioned, Sellers took the opportunity to claim that there “is a chance that Tulsi’s not just working for the United States of America."

Same script over and over and over again....

https://www.rt.com/usa/471007-tulsi-gabbard-cnn-sellers-russia/

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, I wasn’t referring to them as liberals. I was only referring to you. :Poke:

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

:crackup:George Conway now has credibility, oh man that is rich.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

We'll just leave this here...from his interview today...

"When asked if his last name was not Biden would he have been asked to be on the board of Burisma, Hunter admitted, “probably not.” Then added, “I don’t think there’s a lot of things that would have happened in my life if my last name wasn’t Biden.”