1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

alleged issues with the IRS
    absolutely ZERO proof of this has been offered up, ZERO. Its no different than claiming his is a lizard king or rides a broom.

sub-contractors that he doesn't pay
    Fact and scummy as hell. However, he hasn't done it since becoming President, that I'm aware of, so I have decided to get some fleas from the dog I hunt with. I live with the decision.

all reimbursed and the foundation made whole.....What moral person .....
    end of story. I asked you to prove him using the Presidency to get richer, this offers ZERO proof of that. None. Also, we are not talking about his morality, you are supposed to be offering any substantiation of him using the office to enrich himself. His handling of that portrait does not offer that.
    I know he is NOT a moral person. I have never though he was nor do I need him to be.

Then we go to more current as he put his kids into positions where they can gain profit and power in the Federal Government
    How? They are paid employees of his administration. This is SOP in many, many admins, corporations, and foundations. As federal employees of the President, they will certainly gain power. But profit? How?

Then there is the constant use of his property in Florida and the extra profits going into that
    So this has been dismissed twice by the courts. He has been shown to not be in violation of the emoluments clause. You should read Judge Neimeyers ruling on the case. This issue is a little more gray than it should be though and is my greatest concern for his presidential character. It he is getting richer by forcing government spending or currying favor for the spending, I want him burned at the stake.

Look, I get it, a scumbag real estate developer became President. Its usually a scumbag lawyer but this time is different. I understand you folks hate him. I have hated some myself. That being said, I think it is a dangerous game to be playing when one is talking of destroying national unity, dividing us permanently, and risking civil unrest based on the hypothetical crimes I am seeing pulled from thin air. Plus you have huge resentment when many see the very behavior described being practiced and even flaunted by the other side, who never pays any price for that behavior.

All we wanted was for our guy to be given his chance to lead just like Clinton would have been. He has never gotten that. He got labeled deplorable as did we. The resentment from that alone will permeate American politics and social interaction for decades to come.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I actually don't think the kids are getting paid in their positions. I may be wrong about that, but I heard someone mention it in reference to Ivanka and Jared.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Somehow he magically came to his own conclusion that him being on the BOD probably wasn’t a good look for him or his Dad while his dad was campaigning for POTUS. But prior to this, everything was perfectly copasetic and harmonious.
    Geez, I wonder what changed that enabled him to have his profound moment of clarity. I wonder. :crackup:
    Good Lord, you can’t make this shit up.

4. Spang308

I know right. Where there's smoke there's fire. Well, this is a raging inferno and the libs are like...WUT?

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Thank you. You are correct. Just looked it up and they are not paid employees of the government. I wonder if they are still on the Trump payroll, as in his company, not his admin. Still looking for that answer now.......

6. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Hold Up one of those cases was revived

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-court-revives-emoluments-case-against-trump/

Fonda Dix likes this.
  7. Handicapped Racer

LMAO you just talked it up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-challenge-to-get-rehearing-in-appeals-court

8. Handicapped Racer

No Pay you are correct.

9. Spang308

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

My understanding is that they were discussing corruption (something THEIR president ran on fixing) and the topic came up. Not the motive of the call. Further there was no mention of the aide etc unlike in Joe Biden's own words on his fiasco. Add in the president is the head of the executive branch in charge of that kind of stuff, we have a treaty to cooperate and we both know the investigation under Obama and by the Democrat press :crackup:

11. Handicapped Racer

I need to read which one but I know one brief said dc and MD were not injured so they had no case but then I read another one that said even a small injury was sufficient to bring the case.

personally I think cases with a sitting Potus should be expedited. get them from over their head,
    be he/her wrong or right.

12. Handicapped Racer

Am I incorrect in saying that there was a huge sloth of nations wanting this prosecutor gone?

Or is it your contention that biden withheld this aide specifically to have them drop the investigation into his son?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Yes?

14. Handicapped Racer

Do tell because I am reading otherwise

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What are you reading otherwise?

Both are correct. I’ve also read that there was concern about dude being corrupt. But you can’t, for a second, honestly say that getting dude gone while he just happened to be trying to prosecute his son wasn’t a part of his drive, as well. How many other “corrupt” prosecutors in other countries did Biden personally push to get fired??

sheepofblue and Spang308 like this.
  16. Spang308

The prosecutor in a sworn affidavit stated the former president of Ukraine told him he needed to take one for the team and go away quietly or the U.S. was withholding a billion dollars of guaranteed loans. Guaranteed by our tax dollars. It's pretty cut and dry honestly. You'll never hear it on NBC though.

kangasj likes this.
  17. Handicapped Racer

It looks shady as fuck, I personally am trying to figure out the time line. I read that they were investigating the company before his son was on the board. but if my son was working for a company I would steer as far as I could from that to prevent the appearance of bias' I don't see either side coming out of this unscathed if you ask me

18. Handicapped Racer

Happen to have a link to the affidavit, I like reading this shit myself, not saying I don't trust what you're saying but I like to see his own statement myself.

19. Handicapped Racer

There was something I just read about him and something to do with illegal gambling

20. Handicapped Racer

This one talks about gambling

https://in.reuters.com/article/uk-u...involvement-in-illegal-gambling-idINKBN1WG4FM