what’s going on in seattle?

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't understand how anybody can think that not paying the floorplan is ever going to work out. When we had Suzuki the floorplan checker had some stories like crates that looked unopened that had big rocks in them so they were heavy. So she had to peel back a little cardboard to make sure there was a bike in there.

418 and ducnut like this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Have people not figured out, every scam is at-least 100y old?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The dealer near us paid their floorplan - they just didn't pay the IRS or FICA...

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My Aprilia came with 20% off and free install of any accessories at time of purchase. Plus you need the dealer tool to flash/calibrate race ECU. Sale price was competitive so yeah, kind of a no brainer to get it done there.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Stand up guy, corners low?

Shenanigans and 418 like this.
  6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

They also had "empty crates" with new bikes...it was crazy. (I do miss the old shop in SandyHook).

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sandy Hook?

8. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I wonder how that will play out. Because the bikes were collateral for the $2.7m loan, technically when he defaulted, the bike became property of VW Credit, and no longer was the dealership's to sell.

Hopefully they'll do the right thing, but I'm sure there are others that will want to get paid, and unfortunately individual customers have the least legal representation in most bankruptcy proceedings.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

So you’re saying a motorcycle dealer cheated on his floor plan and used it as a credit line???

I don’t believe it. I’m all shocked and appalled and shit...

Gino230 and 418 like this.
  10. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

I'm guessing a lot will depend on if the paperwork for those cash sales, was filed with the state before the bankruptcy filing. Depending on the timeline... this will be messy, either way.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the customer paid for the bike it is theirs not the finance companies. No matter what the dealer owes.

In this case it seems like he didn't truly default until he closed down the shop.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For those of us who only bought bikes and know nothing about selling them professionally, what's that floor plan y'all talking about? I can only figure out that it doesn't really mean floor plan.

turbulence and AC1108 like this.
  13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retail_floorplan

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Funny thing is that the Mom and Pop dealership I worked for managed to pay for all of the inventory at their Honda car/motorcycle dealership. I previously worked at a Cadillac dealership and remember the weekly visits from GMAC to check on inventory. There was the largest Chevy dealership in Illinois that bounced one floor plan check to GMAC and they immediately descended upon them with a fleet of tow trucks and hauled about 900 cars away.

BigBird likes this.
  16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Where was that dealership located in Illinois?

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I believe it was in Chicago, but it was decades ago.

18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Been there, done that.

About 15 years ago a local Chevy dealer lot was cleaned out overnight few months after I quit my service writer position there. There was always fires to put out, I knew their time was short.

Same owner was recently arrested for multiple felony theft by conversion charges running a independent lot out of the same location. Floor planning same cars multiple times and pocketing state taxes. Needless to say, once you steal from the state your time is short.

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

ducnut likes this.